All places in the category "Commerce"

110 Whitechapel Road

c.1800 house, now restaurant and offices

Shiv House (formerly Service House), 101-107 New Road

1930, former clothing factory and garages

227-229 Whitechapel Road

c1840 shophouse

Former Lord Rodney's Head public house, 285 Whitechapel Road

Public house of c.1800, rebuilt c.1855, closed 2004

91-99 Fieldgate Street, including Feather Mews

1926, dwellings with warehouse and garage, now with shops and workshops

Whitechapel Hotel, 49-53 New Road

1990s offices, converted to hotel use c.2007

S Karir and Sons Ltd, 2 Brick Lane

c1955 shop and flats. First developed in the 17th century, this was the site of the Three Compasses public house by the 1780s.

65 Whitechapel High Street

1853, terrace of four shophouses, refurbished 2010-12

24 Osborn Street

1904-5, doctor's house and surgery, now a shop and offices. This was the site of a courthouse from the 1790s to the 1850s.

113 New Road

shophouses with 19th century origins, rebuilt in 20th century

Car park at 8-10 Old Montague Street, with building behind the Nag's Head, 17-19 Whitechapel Road

Building at south end of car park is close to the site of 1960s day nursery for employees at clothing factory at 12-20 Osborn Street

6 Brick Lane

c1955 shop and flats on a frontage first developed in the 17th century

4 Brick Lane

c1955 shop and flats on a frontage first developed in the 17th century

84b Whitechapel High Street

19thc house and workshop building, now Freedom Press bookshop, on west side of Angel Alley

69 Whitechapel High Street

1909-11, largely rebuilt in the early 1960s, refurbished and raised 2005-10 with Jan Kattein as architect

37 White Church Lane

19th-century houses, part rebuilt and perhaps refronted in 1915, demolished 2016

35 White Church Lane

19th-century houses, part rebuilt and perhaps refronted in 1915, demolished 2016

2-6 Old Montague Street

1904-5, shops and dwellings

40 Osborn Street

1903-4, house and warehouse, now with shop

5 Old Montague Street

c1955 shop and flats, the site of John Frostick's house in the late eighteenth century

William Hill, 10 Brick Lane

c1955 shop and flats on a frontage first developed in the 17th century

8 Brick Lane

c1955 shop and flats on a frontage first developed in the 17th century

2 Hopetown Street

1920s shophouse, a relic of William Barford's development at 2-24 Brick Lane, reconstructed c.1955

103 Whitechapel Road

rebuilt in 1848 and 2006-7, flats over shop

Kirstein's Mansions

1911, shops, tenements and workrooms

151 Whitechapel Road

1860-2, end house and only survivor of a thirteen-house terrace developed and designed by John Hudson

5 Fulbourne Street

part of a row of four shophouses of 1878

213 Whitechapel Road

part of a building of 1846-7

9 Fulbourne Street

part of a row of four shophouses of 1878

9 Whitechurch Passage

four-storey warehouse, probably built in the 1880s as an engine house for the London Metropolitan Railway Company

74 Whitechapel High Street

1828-9 shop house, now a restaurant, upper floors converted to studio flats 2001

11 Vallance Road

1873-6 shophouse, probably designed by Jethro T. Robinson

52 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s stock brick corner shop with residential over

2-4 Wentworth Street, London E1 7TF

1880s stock brick shop with residential over

56 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s stock brick shop, top floor extended to align with 58-60 and upper floors converted to flats 2016

54 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s stock brick shop with former residential over

62 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s painted stock brick shop with residential over and entrance to upper parts of 58-60 Middlesex Street

70 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s painted stock brick shop with storage and residential over

1 New Goulston Street

1880s stock brick shop with residential over

Petticoat Lane Market

75 Whitechapel High Street

?early 19th-century shop house, upper floors now used for storage.

122 Whitechapel High Street

1881-2 shop house, white-painted brick, built as a pair with 121 (dem) following widening of New Castle Alley (Tyne Street)

46 Middlesex Street

1880s shop and former warehouse, upper parts of 46 and 48 converted in 2010 to six flats as The Lofthouse, 48a Middlesex Street

Merchant House, 39 Goulston Street

1950s stock brick flats with shops to ground floor, on site of part of Wentworth Dwellings

48 and 48a Middlesex Street

1880s shop and former warehouse, upper parts of 46 and 48 converted in 2010 to six flats as The Lofthouse, 48a Middlesex Street

7 Osborn Street

1840s shophouse, reduced to two stories after war damage

2c to 4a Commercial Street

1860s shops with offices over, built for T. Venables & Sons, draper and furnisher

84 Whitechapel High Street

c. 1957 shop (now takeaway) and office building, incorporating access to Angel Alley, upper floors converted to flats 2000-1

42 Middlesex Street

1880s shop and former warehouse, part converted to residential

Warehouse to rear of 108A-110 Whitechapel Road

c.1960s warehouse

44 Middlesex Street

1880s shop and former warehouse, upper parts converted to residential

126 Whitechapel High Street

Shop and former office building, built 1905-6 to the designs of Martin Luther Saunders (1857-1923), upper floors (127) made into flats 2010

17 White Church Lane

upper storeys of about 1840, shop infilling a carriageway to a stable yard

128 Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7PT

shop house, possibly 18th century, substantially altered, upper floors recast and raised 2007-8 when merged with 129 in conversion to flats

3 Osborn Street

early/mid 19th-century shop-house, upper floors converted to maisonette 1999-2000

19 to 23 Osborn Street

derelict former garage building on site of Warner iron foundry

5 Osborn Street

1848-9 shophouse, reduced to two stories after war damage

6 and 6a Commercial Street

early 20th-century red-brick office building with shop to ground floor (6a)

89 New Road

house of the 1790s, shop inserted, refurbished c.2009

129 Whitechapel Road

c1825-6 shophouse adapted by George Davy to be coffee rooms by 1831, refronted in 1900

27 Osborn Street

2009-12 UK Power Newtorks substation (formerly Whitechapel/Stepney/London Electricity substation), previously site of Ind Coope beer stores

7-8 Davenant Street

1894-5, warehouse, raised a storey 1901, converted and extended for college use 2007-8

3 Gunthorpe Street

1997 workshop building with 1899-1900 retained street facade of Whitechapel Board of Works refuse destructor building

29-33 Osborn Street

1964 shop and office building, since 1984 headquarters of Sonali Bank (UK) Ltd

193A and 193C Whitechapel Road

1908, shop, Charles Dunch, architect, for Press, Robinson & Co., builders

215 Whitechapel Road

part of a building of 1846-7

197 Whitechapel Road

single-storey shop, 19th-century origins as part of a three-storey building, reduced by World War Two bomb damage

203 Whitechapel Road

Part of a row of four shophouses of 1865-8

136 Whitechapel Road

early 19th century shophouse

15 White Church Lane

shophouse of 1915-17

3 Brady Street

19th century shophouse

5-7 Court Street

c.2010 shops and flats, John Duane Architects

207 Whitechapel Road

Part of a row of four shophouses of 1865–8, rebuilt after a fire in 1906

231 Whitechapel Road

earlier one-room deep shophouse refronted in 1906

273A Whitechapel Road

1924, shophouse for Appleby & Matty

305 Whitechapel Road

1904 shophouse, Henry Florence, architect

12-14 Vallance Road

1902, shophouses

11 White Church Lane

three shops and houses of 1915-17

13 White Church Lane

three shophouses of 1915-17

7 Fulbourne Street

part of a row of four shophouses of 1878

3 Fulbourne Street

part of a row of four shophouses of 1878

10 Vallance Road

1904, shophouse

8 Vallance Road

1904, shophouse

Sainsbury's, 1 Cambridge Heath Road

1993-4, supermarket

Woods Buildings (west side)

c.1840 warehouse on site of two houses of c.1770, built for Thomas Dexter, top two storeys removed in 1978

2–10 Court Street

Houses damaged in an air raid in 1941 were rebuilt as single-storey shops

91 New Road

house of the 1790s, shop inserted, refronted and refurbished c.2009

Ahmed House, 48 Fieldgate Street

1983-5, flats with shop

The Whitechapel Centre

1905, school built for the London County Council

54 Fieldgate Street

1903-4, workshop and dwellings

103 Commercial Road

c.1900 shop and dwellings

97 Commercial Road

c.1900 shop and dwellings

18 Fordham Street

c.1900 shophouse

11 Fordham Street

c.1890 shophouse

71 Greenfield Road

late 20th century workshops

75 Greenfield Road

late 20th-century workshops

77 Commercial Road

1930s shop and showrooms

50 Greenfield Road

late 20th-century workshops and showrooms

52-58 Greenfield Road

showrooms and workshops, recast in the 1990s

77 Greenfield Road

late 20th century workshops

86-88 Greenfield Road

1960s, workshops

132 Whitechapel Road

1905, commercial premises for Arthur Winckles Brown, corn chandler

95 New Road

1884, shophouse

93 New Road

1923-4, shophouse

Tayyabs, 85-87 Fieldgate Street

c.1907, shophouse, now Tayyabs restaurant

19-21 Fordham Street

c.1900 houses, former shops converted to residential

109 New Road

1932-3 commercial premises

88 Whitechapel High Street

early 19th-century shop and office building, with entryway to Gunthorpe Street and decorative features from occupancy by Jewish Post 1935

The Curve, 14 Fieldgate Street

2010-12, student housing with a supermarket

108 Whitechapel Road

early 19th century house with shop

Outbuilding to rear of 108 Whitechapel Road

early 20th century storage building

122 Whitechapel Road

1903, shop, now restaurant

138 Whitechapel Road

early 19th century shophouse

140 Whitechapel Road

early 19th century shophouse

133 New Road

early 19th century shophouse

131 New Road

early 19th century shophouse

Empire House

1934, clothing factory

104-106 Whitechapel Road

single-storey shop, 20th-century rebuild

8A Vine Court

early 19th century warehouse

1A Vine Court

1901-3, warehouse

44 Myrdle Street (with 13-17 Fordham Street)

c1900 shophouse (with flats over shops of c.1990-1 to west)

26 Fordham Street

c.1900 commercial premises, converted to flats c.1996

143-145 Commercial Road

c.1900, shops and flats

Langley House

c.1920 shops and flats

123 Commercial Road

19th-century shophouse

52 Fieldgate Street

1903-4, workshop and dwellings

54 Fieldgate Street

1903-4, workshop and dwellings

93 Greenfield Road

late 20th century workshops

84 Myrdle Street

c.1900 shophouse

25 New Road

c.1800 house, now with showroom

23 New Road

c.1900, commercial premises

14 Fordham Street

c.1900 shop and dwellings

16 Fordham Street

c.1900 shophouse

20 Fordham Street

c.1900 shophouse

22 Fordham Street

c.2008 shophouse

24 Fordham Street

c.1900 shophouse

42 Commercial Road

early 1870s shophouse, used as a smithy 1890s to 1930s

101 Greenfield Road

c.1964 workshops, on site of former 16-24 Fieldgate Street and 1-2 Greenfield Road

8 Fordham Street

c.1900 shop and dwellings

58 Fieldgate Street

1902-3, shophouse

Sterling Mansions

former Co-operative Wholesale Society building, now flats

43 Royal Mint Street

mid 19th-century warehouse, converted to flats in 1978-82

Duru House

1970-3 clothing warehouse on the site of the Church of St Augustine, built 1879

32 Dock Street

early 1980s, part of Vodafone distribution centre (formerly known as Turret Business Centre)

40 Dock Street

early 1980s, part of Vodafone distribution centre (formerly known as Turret Business Centre)

36-38 Dock Street

c.2000, part of Vodafone distribution centre

5 Dock Street

1860s shophouse

2 Cable Street

c.1850, shophouse

3 Dock Street

1860s shophouse

105 Commercial Road

c.1900 shop and dwellings

10-14 Dock Street

c.1888 as Dr Barnardo's free lodging house for young girls, later converted to be offices for the Shipping Federation

2 Ensign Street (with 14 Cable Street)

c.1998 flats with shop

11A-11C Dock Street

1970, warehouses/workshops

19 Dock Street

1860s, house, now offices

142 Whitechapel Road (with 135 New Road)

early 19th century shophouse

Calcutta House annexe, Old Castle Street

1932 former Brooke Bond welfare building, later part of London Metropolitan University

130 Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7PS

1955-6 pedimented neo-Georgian red brick former bank building, on site of 1865-6 bank building, Westminster Bank crest to gable

115-119 Commercial Road

1900, built as the Red House Coffee Palace, now shops and flats

243 Whitechapel Road

c.1835 shophouse

Zam Zam Gift Shop (formerly the Lord Napier public house), 235 Whitechapel Road

1909, public house, S. A. S. Yeo, architect, converted to shop use in the 1930s

95-6 Whitechapel High Street

1948 former bank building, now restaurant, with offices and flats over, on site of west side of Spread Eagle Yard

121 New Road

20th century shop

239 Whitechapel Road

1867–8 shop and dwellings, once a branch of Home & Colonial Stores

Brunswick House

1983-4 brown brick flats with shops to ground floor on site of 1880s 181-280 Brunswick Buildings

241 Whitechapel Road

c.1835 shophouse, said to have been rebuilt in 1950–1

38 Commercial Street

1872-3 shop/warehouse building, frontage altered after war damage, top floor added 1999-2000 when upper floors converted to flats

245-249 Whitechapel Road

1903, shops and flats

Calcutta House

Calcutta House, former Brooke Bond tea warehouse, built 1909, later London Metropolitan University

237 Whitechapel Road

1867–8, shop and dwellings

25 Osborn Street

1850s stock brick building, with 1950s addition to east side, built as beer store for Ind, Coope & Co.

45 Royal Mint Street

Built 1978-1982 with Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

125 Commercial Road

c.1900 shophouse

Former Royal Oak public house

c.1872, public house, now shops and flats

Hotel ibis London City, 5 Commercial Street

2006-8 11-storey hotel

67 Whitechapel High Street

1853 terrace of four shophouses, refurbished 2010-12

251-253 Whitechapel Road

1903 shops and dwellings

Aldgate Coffee House, 68 Whitechapel High Street

1853 terrace of four shophouses, refurbished 2010-12

City of London College, 71 Whitechapel High Street

built 1983 as a warehouse-showroom, converted to use as a college around 1998

70 Whitechapel High Street

18th-century origins, largely rebuilt 1966, refurbished and raised 2005-10 with Jan Kattein as architect

1 Fordham Street

c.1900 shophouse

8 White Church Lane

1852

East One Building, 20-22 Commercial Street

1920s former factory building, with later top floor, converted to offices 2001, site of St Jude's church

108A Whitechapel Road

1922-4, shop (now restaurant) and flats

Tower Mint Apartments

2009-10, flats with shop and offices

3 White Church Lane

c1960 commercial building with street art of 2012

Tip Top Casual Wear, 4 White Church Lane

1852-3, brick shophouse

3 Old Montague Street

c1955 shop and flats

4A and 6 White Church Lane

1850s shophouse, refronted with workshop added to rear in 1898-1900

United Standard House and Cromlech House

early 1960s former office, car park, warehouse, market and factory building (site of Boar's Head Yard), Cromlech House under demolition 2016

72 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s painted stock brick shop with storage and residential over

68 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s painted stock brick shop with residential over

271-273 Whitechapel Road

1913-14, public offices built for the Prudential Assurance Company, shop inserted 1957-8

115 Whitechapel Road

c1820 origins as a shophouse, part rebuilt in 1931-2

131 Whitechapel Road

1855 following on from the rebuilding of the adjacent pub, now shop and offices

127 Whitechapel Road

c1825-6 shophouse, refronted in 1911 or 1915

189 Whitechapel Road

1900 as a mission hall for the Hebrew Christian Testimony to Israel, William Alfred Pite, architect

259 Whitechapel Road

A shophouse with early nineteenth century origins where Joseph Merrick (the Elephant Man) met Frederick Treves, restored c.2012

187 Whitechapel Road

early 1640s in origin, house with shop

31 Commercial Road

1901-2, shophouses

16 to 20 Middlesex Street

derelict 1950s former factory and shop building, under demolition 2016

31A Commercial Road

1901-2, shophouse

Fresh, 29 Commercial Road

1901-2, shophouse

Merchant House, 39 Goulston Street

1884-6 block of flats with shops and later covered parking to ground floor, formerly part of Wentworth Dwellings

Nagpal House, site of George Yard Ragged School

2003-04 offices with flats above, on site of George Yard Ragged School

211 Whitechapel Road

part of a building of 1846-7

209 Whitechapel Road

Part of a row of four shophouses of 1865-8

219 Whitechapel Road

1860s shophouse, perhaps refronted in 1927–8, restored around 2012

221 Whitechapel Road with 1 Fulbourne Street

1847 shophouse

261 Whitechapel Road

1767-72, part of group of four shophouses, Samuel Ireland, builder-developer, restored c.2012

263 Whitechapel Road

1767-72, part of group of four shophouses, Samuel Ireland, builder-developer, restored c.2012

81 Alie Street

2012-14 office building

Sajjad's Grill, 83 New Road

house of the 1790s, restaurant inserted

81 New Road

1887, formerly the Duke of Gloucester public house

London Muslim Centre

2003-4, centre comprising halls and classrooms, with offices in business wing

Ibis Budget Hotel (formerly Brunning House)

c.1960 office block over motor garage (site of St Mary's tube station), converted to hotel use with flanking hotel additions from 2015

265 Whitechapel Road

1767-72, part of group of four shophouses, Samuel Ireland, builder-developer, converted and restored 2007-8 and c.2012

3 Resolution Plaza

2013-14, Offices for EastEnd Homes, and entrance to Denning Point

30b Commercial Road

late-19th-century shop and warehouse building

30 and 30a Commercial Road

derelict remains on Buckle Street of outbuildings and part of rear wall of demolished late 19th-century warehouses on Commercial Road

Albany Court, 18-25 Plumbers Row

early 1970s workshops, rebuilt as showrooms and flats in the late 1990s, raised 2002

Unit 73a, 25 Cable Street

railway arches used as light industrial unit, site of Sun and Sword alehouse

171 Commercial Road

19th century two-storey narrow building with ground floor shop.

36 Commercial Road

2015 stock-brick eight-storey building, shop ground floor with flats above, double setback and terraces to top two floors

Stepney Community Trust, 46 Myrdle Street

c.1930, former shop now offices

37 New Road

c.1800 house, now offices

31 New Road

c.1800 house, now with showroom

21 New Road

c.1800 house

147-151 Commercial Road (with 9 New Road)

c.1900 shops and workshops, upper storeys now a college

121 Commercial Road

19th-century shophouse

127-139 Commercial Road

1909-1912, originally incorporating the New King's Hall (later the Grand Palais Theatre and Yiddish Theatre)

32-34 Commercial Road, with entrance to Riga Mews

1871, ground floor offices/salon, flats over (part of Riga Mews). Built for JJ & SW Chalk, timber merchants, entrance to Riga Mews between

Mirch Masala, 111-113 Commercial Road

c.1900 shops and dwellings (now with restaurant)

Premier Inn, 66 Alie Street

2012-14, 6-storey hotel

Student Castle, 65 Leman Street

2011-13 student accommodation, replacing 1928-30 drapery extension of Co-operative Wholesale Society

38-40 Commercial Road

1936-7 seven-storey office building extending to Alie Street, Commercial Street frontage refaced in red granite 1996

86 Whitechapel High Street

?1950s shop and office building, currently (2016) a café

5-6 Vine Court

c.1840 pair of houses, now with shop

3-4 Vine Court

c.1930, commercial premises

Lock-up units to rear of 112-116 Whitechapel Road

c.2012 lock-up shops

89 Fieldgate Street

c.1907, shophouse, formerly with synagogue to rear, now part of Tayyabs resturant

Catering City

c.1954 warehousing

112-116 Whitechapel Road

1899-1900, warehouse, now shops with offices

128-130 Whitechapel Road

1900-01, commercial premises for Arthur Winckles Brown, corn chandler

103 Fieldgate Street

1906, shophouse

101 Fieldgate Street

1906, shophouse

255 Whitechapel Road

a shophouse of 1873

257 Whitechapel Road

c.1881 rebuilding after a fire, extended back 1936, further rebuilding c.1975, restored c.2012

267 Whitechapel Road

1767-72, part of group of four shophouses, Samuel Ireland, builder-developer, converted and restored 2007-8 and c.2012

Naylor Building West, 1 Assam Street (and 14-24 White Church Lane)

2000-2, block of flats with shops

83 Whitechapel High Street

1957. café with offices (converted to flats 2007-08) over

13 Vallance Road

1873-4 as the Weavers Arms public house, converted to shops and tenements in 1911

1 Vallance Road

shop and dwelling, mid 1870s, largely rebuilt in the mid 20th century

3 Vallance Road

1873-6, shophouse, probably designed by Jethro T. Robinson

102 Whitechapel Road

1852, house and warehouse, now shop and flats

178 Whitechapel Road

19th century building with ground floor shop.

Ladbroke Court, 4 Resolution Plaza

2013-14, flats with shops to ground floor

The Relay Building, 1 Commercial Street

2008 and 2012-14, 23-storey offices, flats, shops and entrance to Aldgate East station. Entrance to social housing in Tyne Street

119 Whitechapel Road

c1820 shophouse origins, rebuildings in 1872 and 1916-17 and refronting in the 1940s

121 Whitechapel Road

c1820 shophouse, part rebuilt in 1916 and refronted in the 1940s

91 Whitechapel High Street

1861 shop, now restaurant, with offices over

117 Whitechapel Road

1952, a rebuilding of a shophouse of c.1820

Former Ye Olde Angel pub, 85 Whitechapel High Street

1900 former Ye Olde Angel public house, now shop with guesthouse and offices above

Kensington Apartments, 11 Commercial Street

2013 7- and 12-storey blocks of flats and shop, site of 1854-5 Baptist Chapel and former 21 Commercial St (before 1878 11 Commercial St)

113 Whitechapel Road

1900 stables and warehouses, raised in 1922 and used as a clothing factory thereafter

Oceanair House, 133-7 Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7PT

1937 moderne shop and office building, until 1959 known as Cardigan House, upper parts latterly used by London Metropolitan University

Former Grave Maurice public house, 269 Whitechapel Road

1873-4, public house, closed 2010 and converted to shops and flats by 2014

111 Whitechapel Road

c.1816-18 origins as shophouses, much rebuilt in the early 1920s

Old Pump House, 19-20 Hooper Street

1885-6, former engine house of the LTSR goods depot, converted to offices 2004-5

34 Settles Street

c.1900 as the Bricklayers' Arms public house, later a shop, raised and converted in 2016 as flats

2-4 Settles Street

19th-century pair of shophouses, altered 2010-12

Turner House

1960s commercial building

London School of Commerce & IT, 60-66 Greenfield Road

1960s workshop/factory building, adapted to educational use

17 Osborn Street

1950s single-storey building, formerly a monumental masons, currently Stolen Space street-art gallery

Straits Times Kopitiam, 66 Whitechapel High Street

1853 terrace of four shophouses, refurbished 2010-12

107 Fieldgate Street

1903, dwellings and warehouse

123-127 New Road

early 20th-century commercial building, converted to office use in late 20th century

1-7 Prescot Street

1930-3 extended in the 1950s, offices for the Co-operative Wholesale Society, L. G. Ekins, architect

38 Middlesex Street

1880s shop and former warehouse

92-3 Whitechapel High Street

1861 shophouses, now one building, upper floors converted to flats 2001 and extra floor added

RBS, Sedgwick Centre

Office block of 1988, former car park

40 Middlesex Street

1880s shop and former warehouse, part converted to residential

Clifton Trade Centre, 4-6 Greatorex Street

Warehouse of 1849-50 largely reconstructed for lettable business units

5-9 White Church Lane

clothing factory of 1919-21, raised and converted to flats in 1999-2000

Arcadia Court, 45 Old Castle Street, and 4 (formerly 1a) Old Castle Street

1980s extension to Arcadia Court, with 4 (formerly 1a) Old Castle Street, on site of mid-20th-century single-story shop and restaurant

7-8 Manningtree Street

2011-13 offices and residential

19 White Church Lane

1898-9 as a house, factory and office (with 9 Manningtree Street)

9 Manningtree Street

1898-9, shophouse built with 19 White Church Lane

29-33 White Church Lane

1936-7, gown factory and showroom, demolished 2016

27 Commercial Road

Warehouse of 1872-3, demolished 2016

27A Commercial Road

1876-8, factory, rebuilt behind facade in 1936-7, demolished 2016

hoarding on site of 141-143 Whitechapel High Street

hoarding on site of 141-143 Whitechapel High Street and former Aldgate East underground entrance

1 Alie Street

1970s office building for Bank of America, site of former Baptist Chapel, Dutch Church and burial ground

New Loom House, 101 Back Church Lane

1889-90 former Browne and Eagle wool warehouse converted to offices 1991

52 to 58 Commercial Road

2006-08 shop, office and residential building, two towers, one of 13 storeys, one of 18, rising from 4- and 5-storey base

24 Whitechapel Road

1893-4, pair of shophouses, demolished 2017

26 Whitechapel Road

1893-4, shophouse

20-27 Wentworth Dwellings

1980s brown brick flats with shop units to ground floor, and school to Goulston Street. On site of Davis Mansions

27 Whitechapel Road

1926-7 shophouse, first used to accommodate a restaurant, Higgins & Thomerson, architects

25 Whitechapel Road

shop-house of c.1750, probably built for William Forster, distiller, altered in the 19th century and raised c.2003

23 Whitechapel Road

early 19th-century shophouse on the site of the Green Dragon Inn

21 Whitechapel Road

early 19th century shophouse, much altered, on the site of the Green Dragon Inn

29 Whitechapel Road

1891, built by and for Mark Levy as tailoring premises above and behind a draper's shop

102 to 105 Whitechapel High Street and 2 Commercial Street

1909-10 rebuilding of part of T. Venables & Son drapers and furnishers

58-60 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1989-90 built shop and office building, upper floors converted to residential 2006

107 Whitechapel Road

c.1816-18 origins as five shophouses, much rebuilt in the early 1920s

105 Whitechapel Road

shop-house with origins of c.1816-18, extensively rebuilt 1921-3

109 Whitechapel Road

c1816-18 origins as shophouses, much rebuilt in the early 1920s

101 Whitechapel High Street

1960 office building and former bank, on site of Tewkesbury Buildings

1 Whitechapel Road (including 2-8 Osborn Street)

1957-8, former clothing factory with restaurant

79 Commercial Road

c.1900 shop and dwellings

85 Whitechapel Road

2011-12, shop and office, part of Magenta House development for Capitalise Assets/Watkins Jones, designed by Aros Architects

10 Whitechapel Road

shophouse with origins c.1770, refronted around 1998

12 Whitechapel Road

shophouse with origins around 1770, refronted in 1998

12-20 Osborn Street (Arbor City Hotel)

1957-61, clothing factory converted to hotel in 2001, on the site of a sugar refinery (1795) and the Victoria Wine Company's depot (1879)

22 Osborn Street

1955-7 workshops, now offices with restaurant. This was the site of a courthouse from the 1790s to 1850s and a cinema from 1908.

Haji Nanna Biryani, 14 Whitechapel Road

Built 1881-2 as the George public house, shopfront of 1934

London Enterprise Academy (formerly Aneurin Bevan House), 81-91 Commercial Road

1980-1, built as offices (occupied by the NHS) with a penthouse, converted to school in 2014. The site previously housed the King's Hall.

75 Commercial Road

1930s shop and showrooms

Arcadia Court, formerly 90 to 222 Wentworth Dwellings

1886 block of flats with shops at 30 to 50 Wentworth Street and 36 to 48 Goulston Street to ground floor

Aldgate Place

2014-18, Barratt London development, under construction, site of Gardiner's Corner

26 Osborn Street

1949-50 residential, now with bar

18 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

93-95 Commercial Road

c.1900 shop and dwellings

Dryden Building, 37 Commercial Road

1999-2000, block of flats with shops

Cornell Building, 1 Coke Street, 22 Plumbers Row and 50 Adler Street

1999-2000, flats with offices

Colefax Building

2001-2, block of flats

30 Whitechapel Road

shophouse of 1846, rebuilt in 1997

28 Whitechapel Road

shophouse of 1846, rebuilt 1997

Aldgate Tower

Office and retail tower, constructed 2006-2014, designed by Wilkinson Eyre Architects

101 Whitechapel Road

c1815 origins, raised 2005-7, flats over shop

223-225 Whitechapel Road with 2-6 Fulbourne Street

1934-5 as furnishing stores, Alfred Spiers, architect

123-125 Whitechapel Road

early 18th century origins as two shophouses, refronted in 1906 and 1974, upper storeys converted to flats in 2002-3

94 Whitechapel High Street

1956 shop and office building, with carriageway, formerly the entrance to Spread Eagle Yard

115 New Road and the New Road Synagogue

shophouses with 19th century origins, rebuilt in 20th century, formerly part of the New Road Synagogue

12 Old Montague Street

pharmacy

129 Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7PT

shop house, ?18th century, frontage embellished c. 1910, upper floors recast 2007-8 when merged with 128 in flats conversion

117-119 New Road

1894, commercial premises, now restaurants and offices

Chandlery House, 40 Gower's Walk

1894-5 wine warehouse with frontages to Gower's Walk and Back Church Lane, altered and floors added when converted to flats 1998-9

London Action Resource Centre, 62 Fieldgate Street

late 1860s mission hall and infants' school, converted for synagogue and school use in the 1920s, adapted as a resource centre in the 1990s

90 Whitechapel High Street

1910-11 shop and offices, sometime site of Blooms restaurant, on site of entrance to Inkhorn Court

2-6 Old Montague Street

1904-5, shops and dwellings

2-6 Old Montague Street

1904-5, shops and dwellings

85 Stepney Way

Islamic Relief, 135 Whitechapel Road

1932-4, textile showroom and warehouse built for A. Samuels & Sons Ltd

Whitechapel Station

1884, station entrance (converted) with buildings and platforms for the Metropolitan District Railway, altered 1899-1902 and 2013-18

Shell Petrol Station, 139-149 Whitechapel Road

petrol station of 1953-4, rebuilt 1991

E1 Studios (formerly Neil House), 3-15 Whitechapel Road

1967-8, speculative warehouse/showroom block, also used for public-sector storage, a language school and offices

Clifton Trade Centre, 4-6 Greatorex Street

1987-9, offices

46 Commercial Road

1871-2, former Hall of Gunmakers' Company, 1893 staircase, building sold 1927, now offices. North entrance to Tilbury depot adjoined west.

Universal House

1950s office incorporating part of 1892-3 stock and red brick former Wildermuth House lodging house

Greatorex Business Centre, 8-10 Greatorex Street

former clothing factory of 1955-6, partially converted in 2011

20-22 Whitechapel Road

Site of the People's Market of 1867, adapted by William Booth to be a mission hall and used as Salvation Army premises to 1926, cleared 2017

66 Royal Mint Street

1890, warehouse, converted to flats in the 1970s

Don Gratton House, Alma Home, Greatorex Street Young People's Centre and Institute of Psychotrauma

2003-5, student housing with health-service facilities and a commercial unit

111 New Road

1920-1 commercial premises, now a school and restaurant

1 Dock Street

c.1850, shophouse

The Craft Building

1848-9, brewery stable-depot warehouse, altered c.1921 and converted to be artists' studios 2003-5, then to student housing in 2010-11

9 Davenant Street

2005-8, 11 flats with shop

The Artful Dodger (formerly the Crown and Seven Stars)

1820s public house with later alterations

6 Cable Street

1898, shophouse

87 Whitechapel High Street

1954-5 shop and office building, incorporating small late 19th-century workshop building behind 86

233 Whitechapel Road with 1 Court Street

1854 as a rebuilding of the Star and Garter public house, now shop and dwellings

1-13 Adler Street

1963-4, flatted workshops with shops, built for the London County Council, part adapted for college use

124 Whitechapel Road

c.1860s commercial building

57 Whitechapel Road

2011-12, shop and office, part of Magenta House development for Capitalise Assets/Watkins Jones, designed by Aros Architects

Maersk House

1974 as Beagle House, Richard Seifert & Partners, architects, demolition scheduled in 2016

3-3A Court Street

c.2013 shop and flats as infill in a neo-Victorian style, designed by M. H. and M. H. Rahman

65A Whitechapel High Street

c1897 commercial building first occupied by Abraham Goldenfeld, substantially restored in 2010-12

Whitechapel Technology Centre (East London Works)

1980-1, training centre with shops, John Spratley & Partners, architects, altered c.1989 and 2015 and adapted for office use

Black Lion House

1982-3, office building, speculative development for Lyndon Properties, John Spratley & Partners, architects

193B Whitechapel Road

deodorising shed of 1884 for railway works, converted to workshop use in 1886 and for shopfitting in 1908

76 Whitechapel High Street

1845 shop house, upper floors part storage, part-residential

15 Dock Street

1860s stables and factory, now offices

The Denim Factory, 4-6 Davenant Street

1899-1900 clothier's warehouse, converted to offices and flats 2006-8

195 Whitechapel Road

1908, shop, Charles Dunch, architect, for Press, Robinson & Co., builders

18 Ensign Street

Built 1893-4 as the Mercantile Marine Board Office

London Metropolitan University

1964-5 as wholesale showrooms and storage, adapted to educational use

18 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing with shop, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

9 Vallance Road

1873-6, probably designed by Jethro T. Robinson, access to workshops for the Pavilion Theatre

Zara's Corner, 20 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing with shop, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

29 Casson Street

1900-01, tenement housing with shop, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

201 Whitechapel Road

Furnishing shop and warehouse of 1876, at one time 'Rose House', now Ranees, clothing retailer

16 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing with shop, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

Islamic Bank of Britain, 97-99 Whitechapel Road

1927-8, built as Commercial Gas Company offices and showrooms

Jack the Ripper Museum, 12 Cable Street

Built 1899 as a shophouse, converted to museum use in 2014-15

291 Whitechapel Road

1907-8, shops and dwellings on a site built up since the 1620s

5 Vallance Road

1873-6 shophouse, probably designed by Jethro T. Robinson

7 Vallance Road

1873-6 shophouse, probably designed by Jethro T. Robinson

2-10 Court Street

Houses damaged in an air raid in 1941 were rebuilt as single-storey shops

205 Whitechapel Road

Part of a row of four shophouses of 1865–8

289 Whitechapel Road

1907-8, shops and dwellings on a site built up since the 1620s

287 Whitechapel Road

1907-8, shops and dwellings, on a site built up since at least the 1620s

Booth House

1965-7, Salvation Army hostel, refurbished and refronted 2000-2

Victoria Court (Salvation Army Lifehouse), 177 Whitechapel Road

1995-6, Salvation Army hostel, rebuilding premises of the 1890s

293 Whitechapel Road

c.1840, shophouse, possibly refronted in 1881

295 Whitechapel Road

c.1840 shophouse

297 Whitechapel Road

c.1840 shophouse, used as a coffee tavern around 1900, front altered c.1980

2–10 Court Street

Houses damaged in an air raid in 1941 were rebuilt as single-storey shops

2–10 Court Street

Houses damaged in an air raid in 1941 were rebuilt as single-storey shops

299 Whitechapel Road (formerly the Lord Nelson public house)

1876 rebuilding of a public house with 17th-century origins, renamed by the boxer Daniel Mendoza when he was the landlord, closed about 1903

303 Whitechapel Road

1904 shophouse, Henry Florence, architect, Solomon Bressloff & Son's boot dealers from the 1940s to the 1980s

307-315 Whitechapel Road

1904, row of five shallow lock-up shops, Henry Florence, architect, the site of the Angel and Crown public house in the 18th century

217 Whitechapel Road (formerly the Old Red Lion public house)

part of a building of 1846–7, a public house up to 1991

Former Queen's Head public house, 317 Whitechapel Road

1904, public house of c.1700 origins, with a back range of 1886, closed 1950 and since converted to shop and offices

16 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

28 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

20 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

22 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

26 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

24 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop