All places in the category "Entertainment"

17 Osborn Street

1949, single-storey showroom and workshop, formerly a monumental masons, StolenSpace street-art gallery since 2013

Bank of America House, 1 Alie Street

1987, office building, EPR Architects, site of an 18th-century chapel and the Goodman's Fields Theatre

9 Vallance Road

1873-6, probably designed by Jethro T. Robinson, access to workshops for the Pavilion Theatre

Whitechapel Gallery, 77–82 Whitechapel High Street

1898–1901 art gallery extended 1985 and 2009 when neighbouring library incorporated

Peabody Estate Whitechapel

1999, sunken play area in yard enclosed by blocks of Whitechapel Peabody Estate

9-13 Osborn Street

1951 light industrial building used as recording studio (Sarm) and offices

16-18 Whitechapel Road

1938-9, factory for Buck & Hickman Ltd, toolmakers

The Oliver Conquest, 70 Leman Street

Public house established 1830 as the Garrick Tavern in a former mansion with the Garrick Theatre added to the rear, all rebuilt 1852–6

4 Graces Alley (part of Wilton's Music Hall)

18th-century origins as a house, reduced, refronted and incorporated into Wilton's Music Hall in 1858-9, refurbished 2014-15

127-139 Commercial Road

1909-1912, originally incorporating the New King's Hall (later the Grand Palais Theatre and Yiddish Theatre)

Whitechapel Sports Centre, Durward Street

1996-9, sports centre

Leman Street Police Station, 74 Leman Street

Police Station established 1830, on this site since 1849, rebuilt 1890–1 and 1968–9, site of Garrick Theatre and Jews' Temporary Shelter

3 Graces Alley (part of Wilton's Music Hall)

house of the late 1840s incorporated into Wilton's Music Hall, refurbished in 2014-15

191-193 Whitechapel Road

site of the entrance to the Pavilion Theatre, established in 1827, rebuilt in 1858 and 1894, and cleared in 1962

2 Graces Alley (part of Wilton's Music Hall)

house of the late 1840s incorporated into Wilton's Music Hall, refurbished in 2014-15

Jack the Ripper Museum, 12 Cable Street

Built 1899 as a shophouse, converted to museum use in 2014-15

17 Wellclose Square (part of Wilton's Music Hall)

late 1980s replacement of a house of 1845-6, incorporated into Wilton's Music Hall

Former Wilcox's New Music Hall and Vine Court synagogue

Music hall of 1869-71 converted to synagogue in 1892 and to clothing factory c.1980, largely rebuilt c.2005

178 Whitechapel Road

late 1870s, shophouse

Former Lord Rodney's Head public house, 285 Whitechapel Road

Public house of c.1800, rebuilt c.1855, closed 2004

The Wash Houses, London Metropolitan University, former Whitechapel Baths

LMU events space and home of Frederick Parker furniture collection, formerly the Women's Library, on site of Whitechapel Baths

Whitechapel Gallery, former Whitechapel Library

2009 extension to Whitechapel Gallery housed in former 1891-2 Passmore Edwards Library. Incorporates entrance to Aldgate East tube station

Whitechapel Market, Whitechapel Road

street market, with furnishings including the King Edward VII Memorial Drinking Fountain

85 Stepney Way

129 Back Church Lane

1994–6 Postmodern block of flats, on site of the People's Arcade/Premierland, previously Williams's Rents and Brunswick Place

Ibis Budget Hotel (formerly Brunning House)

1959-63, office block over garage, converted to hotel with flanking additions from 2010 (former almshouse, theatre, cinema and station site)

30 Alie Street

early 18th-century house, with rear extension of 1887, used as a strip club since 2008

Wombat's City Hostel, 7 Dock Street

1830-5 as the Sailors' Home facing Well (Ensign) Street, extended to Dock Street in 1863–5 (that side rebuilt 1954-7)

Central House

early 1980s offices, site of Jewish Working Men's Institute, built 1883, and Great Alie Street Synagogue built 1895, later Half Moon Theatre

Wilton's Music Hall

Public house with 18th-century origins, rebuilt in 1845-6, music hall added to rear in 1858-9, rebuilt in 1877 and refurbished since 1979