All places in the category "Housing"

110 Whitechapel Road

c.1800 house, now restaurant and offices

227-229 Whitechapel Road

c1840 shophouse

57-60 Royal Mint Street

2001-2, flats

91-99 Fieldgate Street, including Feather Mews

1926, dwellings with warehouse and garage, now with shops and workshops

S Karir and Sons Ltd, 2 Brick Lane

c1955 shop and flats. First developed in the 17th century, this was the site of the Three Compasses public house by the 1780s.

Naylor Building East, 15 Adler Street

c2000 block of flats

24 Osborn Street

1904-5, doctor's house and surgery, now a shop and offices. This was the site of a courthouse from the 1790s to the 1850s.

2 King's Arms Court

2007-9 housing association flats

156-164 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

1 King's Arms Court

2007-9, housing association flats

113 New Road

shophouses with 19th century origins, rebuilt in 20th century

6 Brick Lane

c1955 shop and flats on a frontage first developed in the 17th century

4 Brick Lane

c1955 shop and flats on a frontage first developed in the 17th century

84b Whitechapel High Street

19thc house and workshop building, now Freedom Press bookshop, on west side of Angel Alley

37 White Church Lane

19th-century houses, part rebuilt and perhaps refronted in 1915, demolished 2016

35 White Church Lane

19th-century houses, part rebuilt and perhaps refronted in 1915, demolished 2016

2-6 Old Montague Street

1904-5, shops and dwellings

28 Osborn Street

early 19th century, reinstated 1949-50

40 Osborn Street

1903-4, house and warehouse, now with shop

5 Old Montague Street

c1955 shop and flats, the site of John Frostick's house in the late eighteenth century

William Hill, 10 Brick Lane

c1955 shop and flats on a frontage first developed in the 17th century

8 Brick Lane

c1955 shop and flats on a frontage first developed in the 17th century

12 Brick Lane

c1955 restaurant and flats on a frontage first developed in the 17th century

2 Hopetown Street

1920s shophouse, a relic of William Barford's development at 2-24 Brick Lane, reconstructed c.1955

103 Whitechapel Road

rebuilt in 1848 and 2006-7, flats over shop

Kirstein's Mansions

1911, shops, tenements and workrooms

42 Myrdle Street

early 19th century house

166-186 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

156-164 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

11-15 Casson Street

1987-8, row of three houses built for the Bangladeshi-led Spitalfields Housing Co-operative

5 Fulbourne Street

part of a row of four shophouses of 1878

213 Whitechapel Road

part of a building of 1846-7

9 Fulbourne Street

part of a row of four shophouses of 1878

74 Whitechapel High Street

1828-9 shop house, now a restaurant, upper floors converted to studio flats 2001

Whitechapel Bell Foundry, 2 Fieldgate Street

mid 1740s, probably built as the foundry foreman's house

11-15 Casson Street

1987-8, row of three houses built for the Bangladeshi-led Spitalfields Housing Co-operative

58-72 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

11 Vallance Road

1873-6 shophouse, probably designed by Jethro T. Robinson

52 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s stock brick corner shop with residential over

2-4 Wentworth Street, London E1 7TF

1880s stock brick shop with residential over

56 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s stock brick shop, top floor extended to align with 58-60 and upper floors converted to flats 2016

64 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s stock brick shop with residential over

62 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s painted stock brick shop with residential over and entrance to upper parts of 58-60 Middlesex Street

1 New Goulston Street

1880s stock brick shop with residential over

122 Whitechapel High Street

1881-2 shop house, white-painted brick, built as a pair with 121 (dem) following widening of New Castle Alley (Tyne Street)

46 Middlesex Street

1880s shop and former warehouse, upper parts of 46 and 48 converted in 2010 to six flats as The Lofthouse, 48a Middlesex Street

156-164 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

Merchant House, 39 Goulston Street

1950s stock brick flats with shops to ground floor, on site of part of Wentworth Dwellings

48 and 48a Middlesex Street

1880s shop and former warehouse, upper parts of 46 and 48 converted in 2010 to six flats as The Lofthouse, 48a Middlesex Street

Jacobson House

1935-6 neo-Georgian flats built by the London County Council

The Dellow Centre

c. 1990 accommodation for homelessness charity Providence Row

84 Whitechapel High Street

c. 1957 shop (now takeaway) and office building, incorporating access to Angel Alley, upper floors converted to flats 2000-1

3 Regal Close

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

42 Middlesex Street

1880s shop and former warehouse, part converted to residential

44 Middlesex Street

1880s shop and former warehouse, upper parts converted to residential

74 Whitechapel High Street

early 19th-century shop house, now a restaurant, upper floors converted to studio flats 2001

126 Whitechapel High Street

Shop and former office building, built 1905-6 to the designs of Martin Luther Saunders (1857-1923), upper floors (127) made into flats 2010

128 Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7PT

shop house, possibly 18th century, substantially altered, upper floors recast and raised 2007-8 when merged with 129 in conversion to flats

3 Osborn Street

early/mid 19th-century shop-house, upper floors converted to maisonette 1999-2000

89 New Road

house of the 1790s, shop inserted, refurbished c.2009

Darbishire Place (Block M)

2012-15, Peabody flats replacing Block K destroyed in 1940

129 Whitechapel Road

c1825-6 shophouse adapted by George Davy to be coffee rooms by 1831, refronted in 1900

Block A, Don Gratton House

2003-5, student housing

215 Whitechapel Road

part of a building of 1846-7

203 Whitechapel Road

Part of a row of four shophouses of 1865-8

136 Whitechapel Road

early 19th century shophouse

15 White Church Lane

shophouse of 1915-17

166-186 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

166-186 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

166-186 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

156-164 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

2-7 Moss Close

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

3 Brady Street

19th century shophouse

Block J

1880-1, Peabody Estate dwellings

5-7 Court Street

c.2010 shops and flats, John Duane Architects

207 Whitechapel Road

Part of a row of four shophouses of 1865–8, rebuilt after a fire in 1906

231 Whitechapel Road

earlier one-room deep shophouse refronted in 1906

273A Whitechapel Road

1924, shophouse for Appleby & Matty

305 Whitechapel Road

1904 shophouse, Henry Florence, architect

Block G

1880-1, Peabody Estate dwellings

Block E

1880-1, Peabody Estate dwellings

Block I

1880-1, Peabody Estate dwellings

Block A

1880-1, Peabody Estate dwellings

Block L

1909-10, Peabody Estate dwellings

Block H

1880-1, Peabody Estate dwellings

12-14 Vallance Road

1902, shophouses

22-30 Vallance Road

c.2000, flats

1 Moss Close

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

Needoo Grill, 87 New Road

house of the 1790s, restaurant inserted

11 White Church Lane

three shops and houses of 1915-17

13 White Church Lane

three shophouses of 1915-17

Block F

1880-1, Peabody Estate dwellings

Blocks B and C

1880-1, Peabody Estate dwellings

7 Fulbourne Street

part of a row of four shophouses of 1878

3 Fulbourne Street

part of a row of four shophouses of 1878

10 Vallance Road

1904, shophouse

188-192 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

188-192 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

8 Vallance Road

1904, shophouse

15 New Road

c.1800 house

57-71 Durward Street

c.2000, flats

2 Trahorn Close

c.2000 house

13-16 Kempton Court, 2 Durward Street

late 1990s, block of flats

2 Castlemain Street

c.2000 house

91 New Road

house of the 1790s, shop inserted, refronted and refurbished c.2009

Ahmed House, 48 Fieldgate Street

1983-5, flats with shop

54 Fieldgate Street

1903-4, workshop and dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions, Romford Street

1905-6 dwellings

103 Commercial Road

c.1900 shop and dwellings

97 Commercial Road

c.1900 shop and dwellings

18 Fordham Street

c.1900 shophouse

23-35 Parfett Street

c.1990 flats and houses

15 Parfett Street

c.1800 house

11 Fordham Street

c.1890 shophouse

Mohmed Apartments, 44-46 Fieldgate Street

2001-2, flats

39-45 Settles Street

c.1900, row of dwellings built by Davis Brothers

95 New Road

1884, shophouse

93 New Road

1923-4, shophouse

20 Parfett Street

c.1990-1 house

Fieldgate Mansions, Myrdle Street

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions, Myrdle Street

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions, Romford Street

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions, Romford Street

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions, Romford Street

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions, Romford Street

1905-6 dwellings

Tayyabs, 85-87 Fieldgate Street

c.1907, shophouse, now Tayyabs restaurant

77-79 New Road

house of the 1790s, now divided

Fieldgate Mansions, Romford Street

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions

1905-6 dwellings

19-21 Fordham Street

c.1900 houses, former shops converted to residential

Fieldgate Mansions, Romford Street

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions, Romford Street

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions, Romford Street

1905-6 dwellings

The Curve, 14 Fieldgate Street

2010-12, student housing with a supermarket

Fieldgate Mansions

1905-6 dwellings

97 New Road

house of 1887, now with restaurant

65 New Road

late 18th-century house

63 New Road

late 18th-century house

108 Whitechapel Road

early 19th century house with shop

Fieldgate Mansions, Romford Street

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions, Romford Street

1905-6 dwellings

138 Whitechapel Road

early 19th century shophouse

140 Whitechapel Road

early 19th century shophouse

133 New Road

early 19th century shophouse

131 New Road

early 19th century shophouse

121 New Road (rear range)

2007-8 flats

26 Myrdle Street

1800 house

28 Myrdle Street

c1800 house

Fieldgate Mansions

1905-6 dwellings

11 Parfett Street

1890s dwellings

7 Parfett Street

1890s dwellings

18 Parfett Street

1890s dwellings

30-38 Myrdle Street

c2008-9 flats

10 Myrdle Street

c1800 house

12 Myrdle Street

c1800 house

24 Myrdle Street

c1800 house

40 Myrdle Street

early 19th century house

9 Parfett Street

1960s flats

5 Parfett Street

1890s dwellings

6 Parfett Street

1890s dwellings

8 Parfett Street

1890s dwellings

10 Parfett Street

1890s dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions

1905-6, dwellings

12 Parfett Street

1890s dwellings

16 Parfett Street

1890s dwellings

44 Myrdle Street (with 13-17 Fordham Street)

c1900 shophouse (with flats over shops of c.1990-1 to west)

26 Fordham Street

c.1900 commercial premises, converted to flats c.1996

47 New Road

c.1800 house, now with restaurant

45 New Road

c.1800 house

41 New Road

c.1800 house

39 New Road

c.1800 house

35 New Road

c.1800 house

33 New Road

c.1800 house

27 New Road

c.1800 house

143-145 Commercial Road

c.1900, shops and flats

Langley House

c.1920 shops and flats

89 Myrdle Street

c.1900 dwellings

123 Commercial Road

19th-century shophouse

Fieldgate Mansions, Romford Street

1905-6 dwellings

Jacobs Court and Foundry Court, 17-19 Plumbers Row

2006-8, flats

Fieldgate Mansions, Myrdle Street

1905-6 dwellings

48 Myrdle Street

1960s block of flats, raised and refronted c.2008

52 Fieldgate Street

1903-4, workshop and dwellings

54 Fieldgate Street

1903-4, workshop and dwellings

84 Myrdle Street

c.1900 shophouse

29 New Road

c.1800 house, now with dental surgery

25 New Road

c.1800 house, now with showroom

14 Fordham Street

c.1900 shop and dwellings

16 Fordham Street

c.1900 shophouse

20 Fordham Street

c.1900 shophouse

22 Fordham Street

c.2008 shophouse

24 Fordham Street

c.1900 shophouse

4 Myrdle Street

c1890 dwellings

8 Myrdle Street

c1800 house

43 Gower's Walk

1993-6 two-storey Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

24 Fordham Street

c.1900 workshops, now flats

13 to 24 Bowman Mews

1993-4. four-storey block of flats on site of wool warehouse

58 Gower's Walk

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

7 Vine Court

19th-century house, now flats

8 Fordham Street

c.1900 shop and dwellings

Pure Aldgate, 60 Commercial Road

2014-15, part 10-, part 19-storey student accommodation building

129 Back Church Lane

1994-6 Postmodern block of flats, on site of Premierland picture house and boxing venue, previously Williams's Rents and Brunswick Place

59 Gower's Walk

2007-8 block of 10 'affordable housing' flats, part of redevelopment of 52-58 Commercial Road. Site of part of T.M. Fairclough hauliers

57 Gower's Walk

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

56 Gower's Walk

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

51 Gower's Walk

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

Fieldgate Mansions, Myrdle Street

1905-6 dwellings

Fieldgate Mansions, Fieldgate Street

1904-5 dwellings

46 Gower's Walk

1993-6 three-storey Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

45 Gower's Walk

1993-6 three-storey Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

Mitali Passage

1993-6 two-storey Postmodern semidetached house (entered from Gower's Walk) in red and stock brick, on site of Mundy's Place

2 Pump House Mews

2000, one-bed semi-detached house

3 and 4 Pump House Mews

2000, block of two one-bed flats

Flats 1 to 58, 120 Gower's Walk

2007-8 6-storey block of flats, site of part of the London, Tilbury and Southend railway goods depot

55 Gower's Walk

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

54 Gower's Walk

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

3 Mitali Passage

1993-6 two-storey Postmodern semidetached house in red and stock brick, on site of Mundy's Place

127 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

52 Gower's Walk

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

58 Fieldgate Street

1902-3, shophouse

50 Gower's Walk

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

Fieldgate Mansions, Myrdle Street

1905-6 dwellings

Flats 1 to 12, 63 Gower's Walk

2007-8 six-storey block of 12 'affordable housing' flats (site of goods depot), part of redevelopment of 52-58 Commercial Road

Fieldgate Mansions, Myrdle Street

1904-5 dwellings

Sterling Mansions

former Co-operative Wholesale Society building, now flats

21 Royal Mint Street, Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

1 Cartwright Street

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

39-41 Royal Mint Street

Built 1978-1982 with Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

43 Royal Mint Street

mid 19th-century warehouse, converted to flats in 1978-82

21-25 John Fisher Street on the Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

38-44 Crofts Street on the Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

7 Blue Anchor Yard, Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

34-42 John Fisher Street on the Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

33-37 John Fisher Street on the Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

Mosque Terrace, 5 Fieldgate Street

1990s flats

Guinea Court

c.1997, flats

Guinea Court and Florin Court (rear block)

c.1997 flats

Florin Court, 8 Dock Street

c.1997 flats

5 Dock Street

1860s shophouse

2 Cable Street

c.1850, shophouse

3 Dock Street

1860s shophouse

2 Graces Alley (part of Wilton's Music Hall)

house of the late 1840s incorporated into Wilton's Music Hall, refurbished in 2014-15

105 Commercial Road

c.1900 shop and dwellings

4 Cable Street

early 19th century shophouse, refronted in 1898, now with restaurant

17 Dock Street

c.2000 flats

10-14 Dock Street

c.1888 as Dr Barnardo's free lodging house for young girls, later converted to be offices for the Shipping Federation

8 Cable Street

late 19th-century shophouse, raised in 2002-3

2 Ensign Street (with 14 Cable Street)

c.1998 flats with shop

8 Ensign Street

c.1995 flats

Onedin Point, 20-22 Ensign Street

c.2000 flats

17 Wellclose Square (part of Wilton's Music Hall)

late 1980s replacement of a house of 1845-6, incorporated into Wilton's Music Hall

4 Graces Alley (part of Wilton's Music Hall)

18th-century origins as a house, refronted and incorporated into Wilton's Music Hall in 1858-9, refurbished 2014-15

19 Dock Street

1860s, house, now offices

142 Whitechapel Road (with 135 New Road)

early 19th century shophouse

1-15 Trahorn Close

c.2000 flats

6 Myrdle Street

c1890 dwellings

115-119 Commercial Road

1900, built as the Red House Coffee Palace, now shops and flats

243 Whitechapel Road

c.1835 shophouse

2 Regal Close

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

14 Myrdle Street

c1800 house

166-186 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

239 Whitechapel Road

1867–8 shop and dwellings, once a branch of Home & Colonial Stores

Liberty House, 24-26 Ensign Street

c.2001 flats

11 Cartwright Street, Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

Brunswick House

1983-4 brown brick flats with shops to ground floor on site of 1880s 181-280 Brunswick Buildings

241 Whitechapel Road

c.1835 shophouse, said to have been rebuilt in 1950–1

26-40 Trahorn Close

c.2000 flats

38 Commercial Street

1872-3 shop/warehouse building, frontage altered after war damage, top floor added 1999-2000 when upper floors converted to flats

245-249 Whitechapel Road

1903, shops and flats

237 Whitechapel Road

1867–8, shop and dwellings

45 Royal Mint Street

Built 1978-1982 with Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

125 Commercial Road

c.1900 shophouse

Former Royal Oak public house

c.1872, public house, now shops and flats

251-253 Whitechapel Road

1903 shops and dwellings

Albion Yard

1860-8 as the Albion Brewery for Mann, Crossman & Paulin, converted to flats in 1993-4

121 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

1 Fordham Street

c.1900 shophouse

188-192 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

Herbert House

1935-6 courtyard of neo-Georgian flats built by the London County Council on site of LSB Old Castle Street board school

19 New Road

c.1800 house

108A Whitechapel Road

1922-4, shop (now restaurant) and flats

44 Trahorn Close

c.2000 house

Hooper Square development entrance to internal flats

main entrance to Hooper Square development of flats of the mid-1990s

113 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick, on site of Cherry Tree public house

Tower Mint Apartments

2009-10, flats with shop and offices

3 Old Montague Street

c1955 shop and flats

The Bell, 50 Middlesex Street

Queen Anne-style corner public house with residential over, rebuilt 1883, in red and stock brick with carved brick decoration

66 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s stock brick shop wiith residential over

156-164 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

68 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1880s painted stock brick shop with residential over

121 New Road

2007-8, flats including large range to rear of 109-119 New Road

115 Whitechapel Road

c1820 origins as a shophouse, part rebuilt in 1931-2

Sapphire Court, 1 Ensign Street

c.1997-9, flats

127 Whitechapel Road

c1825-6 shophouse, refronted in 1911 or 1915

Kempton Court, 2 Durward Street (with The Haven Whitechapel, 7-23 Brady Street)

late 1990s, block of flats

189 Whitechapel Road

1900 as a mission hall for the Hebrew Christian Testimony to Israel, William Alfred Pite, architect

259 Whitechapel Road

A shophouse with early nineteenth century origins where Joseph Merrick (the Elephant Man) met Frederick Treves, restored c.2012

187 Whitechapel Road

early 1640s in origin, house with shop

George Leybourne House

c.1986, flats

31 Commercial Road

1901-2, shophouses

23 Vallance Road

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

31A Commercial Road

1901-2, shophouse

Fresh, 29 Commercial Road

1901-2, shophouse

Merchant House, 39 Goulston Street

1884-6 block of flats with shops and later covered parking to ground floor, formerly part of Wentworth Dwellings

Nagpal House, site of George Yard Ragged School

2003-04 offices with flats above, on site of George Yard Ragged School

9 Moss Close

Begun 2015, flats designed by Makespace Architects

211 Whitechapel Road

part of a building of 1846-7

209 Whitechapel Road

Part of a row of four shophouses of 1865-8

219 Whitechapel Road

1860s shophouse, perhaps refronted in 1927–8, restored around 2012

1 Pump House Mews

2000, 1-bed semi-detached house

221 Whitechapel Road with 1 Fulbourne Street

1847 shophouse

261 Whitechapel Road

1767-72, part of group of four shophouses, Samuel Ireland, builder-developer, restored c.2012

263 Whitechapel Road

1767-72, part of group of four shophouses, Samuel Ireland, builder-developer, restored c.2012

3 and 4 Pump House Mews

2000, block of two one-bed flats

Sajjad's Grill, 83 New Road

house of the 1790s, restaurant inserted

25 Vallance Road

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

33 Vallance Road

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

265 Whitechapel Road

1767-72, part of group of four shophouses, Samuel Ireland, builder-developer, converted and restored 2007-8 and c.2012

New Evershed House and 28 to 42 Old Castle Street

2013-14, four-storey block of flats (New Evershed House), and eight maisonettes (28 to 42)

3 Resolution Plaza

2013-14, Offices for EastEnd Homes, and entrance to Denning Point

55-61 New Road

c.1990s flats, pastiche rebuilding of late 18th-century houses

47 Gower's Walk

1993-6 three-storey Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

2 Mitali Passage

1993-6 two-storey Postmodern semidetached house in red and stock brick, on site of Mundy's Place

1 to 54 Times Square, Hooper Street

2006-7, six-storey block of flats, on site of part of the London, Tilbury and Southend goods depot

1 to 12 Bowman Mews

1993-4 three-storey block of 12 flats on site of railway sidings, previously Gower's Row

113 to 145 Times Square, Hooper Street

2006-7 5-storey block of flats, on site of part of the London, Tilbury and Southend goods depot

55 to 112 Times Square

2006-7, seven-storey block of flats, on site of part of the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway goods depot

44 Gower's Walk

1993-6 three-storey Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick, on site of Webb's Place

Presbytery, 47 Adler Street

1959-62, presbytery to German Roman Catholic church of St Boniface

Albany Court, 18-25 Plumbers Row

early 1970s workshops, rebuilt as showrooms and flats in the late 1990s, raised 2002

166-186 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

Wynfrid House

1968-70, German hostel

36 Commercial Road

2015 stock-brick eight-storey building, shop ground floor with flats above, double setback and terraces to top two floors

5 to 10, 17 to 22 and 31 to 36 Conant Mews

1995-6 stock-brick block of flats, part of the Hooper Square development

John Garnett House, 38 Newark Street

Late 19th century former vicarage with Gothic arched windows, red brick dressings and a plaque to J. R. Green, historian.

62 Myrdle Street

c.1910 dwellings

60 Myrdle Street

c.1910 dwellings

43 New Road

c.1800 house

37 New Road

c.1800 house, now offices

31 New Road

c.1800 house, now with showroom

21 New Road

c.1800 house

17 New Road

c.1800 house

11-13 New Road

1906, dwellings

13 New Road

1906, dwellings

121 Commercial Road

19th-century shophouse

127-139 Commercial Road

1909-1912, originally incorporating the New King's Hall (later the Grand Palais Theatre and Yiddish Theatre)

Mirch Masala, 111-113 Commercial Road

c.1900 shops and dwellings (now with restaurant)

Meranti House

2015-17, 19-storey block of flats (under construction)

Student Castle, 65 Leman Street

2011-13 student accommodation, replacing 1928-30 drapery extension of Co-operative Wholesale Society

Four Seasons Garden

2012-13, new landscaped square designed by fabrik landscape architects, part of Berkelely Homes Goodman's Fields development

Riga Mews, 32-34 Commercial Street

2003-4 block of flats, entered between 32 and 34 Commercial Road, on site of JJ & SW Chalk post-war timber store

21 to 31 (consecutive) Hooper Street

1995-6 stock-brick block of maisonettes, with separate entrances, part of the Hooper Square development

11 to 29 (odd) Back Church Lane

1995-6 stock-brick block of maisonettes, with separate entrances, part of the Hooper Square development

5-6 Vine Court

c.1840 pair of houses, now with shop

89 Fieldgate Street

c.1907, shophouse, formerly with synagogue to rear, now part of Tayyabs resturant

Fieldgate Mansions, Myrdle Street

1905-6 dwellings

103 Fieldgate Street

1906, shophouse

101 Fieldgate Street

1906, shophouse

166-186 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

2-7 Moss Close

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

255 Whitechapel Road

a shophouse of 1873

257 Whitechapel Road

c.1881 rebuilding after a fire, extended back 1936, further rebuilding c.1975, restored c.2012

267 Whitechapel Road

1767-72, part of group of four shophouses, Samuel Ireland, builder-developer, converted and restored 2007-8 and c.2012

Naylor Building West, 1 Assam Street (and 14-24 White Church Lane)

2000-2, block of flats with shops

166-186 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

83 Whitechapel High Street

1957. café with offices (converted to flats 2007-08) over

61 Royal Mint Street (formerly the City of Carlisle public house)

Probaby built in 1881 as the Blue Peter public house (1620 in gable may refer to an earlier building), now flats

13 Vallance Road

1873-4 as the Weavers Arms public house, converted to shops and tenements in 1911

1 Vallance Road

shop and dwelling, mid 1870s, largely rebuilt in the mid 20th century

3 Vallance Road

1873-6, shophouse, probably designed by Jethro T. Robinson

2-7 Moss Close

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

2-7 Moss Close

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

31 Vallance Road

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

166-186 Old Montague Street

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

102 Whitechapel Road

1852, house and warehouse, now shop and flats

2-7 Moss Close

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

8 Moss Close

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

178 Whitechapel Road

19th century building with ground floor shop.

Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

17-23 Cartwright Street on the Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

2-7 Moss Close

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

Ladbroke Court, 4 Resolution Plaza

2013-14, flats with shops to ground floor

The Relay Building, 1 Commercial Street

2008 and 2012-14, 23-storey offices, flats, shops and entrance to Aldgate East station. Entrance to social housing in Tyne Street

Bradbury Court, 24 Old Castle Street

2013-14, five-storey block of flats, part of the Holland estate refurbishment and redevelopment

Needoo Grill, 85 New Road

house of the 1790s, restaurant inserted

3 Graces Alley (part of Wilton's Music Hall)

house of the late 1840s incorporated into Wilton's Music Hall, refurbished in 2014-15

Kensington Apartments, 11 Commercial Street

2013 7- and 12-storey blocks of flats and shop, site of 1854-5 Baptist Chapel and former 21 Commercial St (before 1878 11 Commercial St)

Hult International Business School (with Hult Tower), 33 Commercial Road

warehouse and offices of 1902, linked with addition of tower to rear in 2012-14

Former St George's Brewery, 33 Commercial Road

model brewery of 1846-7, with warehouse to Assam Street of 1913-20, converted 2012-14

17 John Fisher Street, Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

45 Crofts Street, Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

4 Gunthorpe Street

1886, built as lodging house, Sir George's Residence for Respectable Girls, later flats (St George's Residences); built over Inkhorn Court

111 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick, on site of Cherry Tree public house

109 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

117 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

Wombat's (Aldgate Hostel)

1830-5 as the Brunswick Marine Establishment

Former Grave Maurice public house, 269 Whitechapel Road

1873-4, public house, closed 2010 and converted to shops and flats by 2014

111 Whitechapel Road

c.1816-18 origins as shophouses, much rebuilt in the early 1920s

2 Fordham Street

c.1900 dwellings

4 Fordham Street

c.1900 dwellings

6 Fordham Street

c.1900 dwellings

34 Settles Street

c.1900 as the Bricklayers' Arms public house, later a shop, raised and converted in 2016 as flats

2-4 Settles Street

19th-century pair of shophouses, altered 2010-12

21 Plumbers Row

c.2002-4 as live/work flats

14 Parfett Street

1890s dwellings

Flats 1 to 45 Christopher Court, 97 Leman Street

2007-8 6-storey block of flats, on site of south end of Rupert Street

Piazza Walk, Goodman's Fields

Public space with grass, water feature and 'Goodman's Fields Horses' sculpture by Hamish Mackie

Sloane Apartments, 54 Old Castle Street

2013-13, block of flats with ground-floor shops to Wentworth Street frontage

Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

Denning Point

1968 tower block of flats reclad, and ground floor street frontage altered and reclad 2013-14

Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

107 Fieldgate Street

1903, dwellings and warehouse

Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

1-11 Frostic Walk

1980-2 as GLC flats

52 East Smithfield, Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

23-29 Royal Mint Street, Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

59 East Smithfield, Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

17-23 Cartwright Street on the Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

22-23 Royal Mint Place, Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

20-24 John Fisher Street on the Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

28 John Fisher Street on the Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

29 John Fisher Street on the Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

32-36 John Fisher Street on the Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

115 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

1 to 4 and 23 to 30 Conant Mews

1994-5, four-storey stock-brick block of flats, part of Hooper Square development

123 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

125 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

119 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

College East

1980s flats (dem. 2017) retained red-brick frontage of 1886 College Buildings (architect: Elijah Hoole), part of the Toynbee Hall estate

48 Gower's Walk

1924 factory building (formerly 47-8) converted to flats 1997

92-3 Whitechapel High Street

1861 shophouses, now one building, upper floors converted to flats 2001 and extra floor added

40 Middlesex Street

1880s shop and former warehouse, part converted to residential

Arcadia Court, 45 Old Castle Street, and 4 (formerly 1a) Old Castle Street

1980s extension to Arcadia Court, with 4 (formerly 1a) Old Castle Street, on site of mid-20th-century single-story shop and restaurant

7-8 Manningtree Street

2011-13 offices and residential

Tower House, 81 Fieldgate Street

1899-1901, Rowton House hostel, converted to flats

19 White Church Lane

1898-9 as a house, factory and office (with 9 Manningtree Street)

9 Manningtree Street

1898-9, shophouse built with 19 White Church Lane

49 Gower's Walk

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick

52 to 58 Commercial Road

2006-08 shop, office and residential building, two towers, one of 13 storeys, one of 18, rising from 4- and 5-storey base

53 Gower's Walk

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick, site of the entrance to the yards of T.M. Fairclough, meat hauliers

24 Whitechapel Road

1893-4, pair of shophouses, demolished 2017

26 Whitechapel Road

1893-4, shophouse

20-27 Wentworth Dwellings

1980s brown brick flats with shop units to ground floor, and school to Goulston Street. On site of Davis Mansions

27 Whitechapel Road

1926-7 shophouse, first used to accommodate a restaurant, Higgins & Thomerson, architects

25 Whitechapel Road

shop-house of c.1750, probably built for William Forster, distiller, altered in the 19th century and raised c.2003

23 Whitechapel Road

early 19th-century shophouse on the site of the Green Dragon Inn

21 Whitechapel Road

early 19th century shophouse, much altered, on the site of the Green Dragon Inn

29 Whitechapel Road

1891, built by and for Mark Levy as tailoring premises above and behind a draper's shop

Attlee House

1971 red brick block of flats and offices, part of the Toynbee Hall estate, demolished for redevelopment autumn 2016

Sunley House

1976 brick-built flats on site of George Yard Buildings, later Balliol House/Charles Booth House. Demolished for Toynbee redevelopment 2016

24 Fordham Street

c.1987, flats

26 East Tenter Street

1901, dwellings

58-60 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EZ

1989-90 built shop and office building, upper floors converted to residential 2006

109 Whitechapel Road

c1816-18 origins as shophouses, much rebuilt in the early 1920s

15 Vallance Road

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

79 Commercial Road

c.1900 shop and dwellings

Treves House, Vallance Road

1959 block of flats

10 Whitechapel Road

shophouse with origins c.1770, refronted around 1998

12 Whitechapel Road

shophouse with origins around 1770, refronted in 1998

27 Casson Street

1900-01, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

25 Monthorpe Road

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

12-20 Osborn Street (Arbor City Hotel)

1957-61, clothing factory converted to hotel in 2001, on the site of a sugar refinery (1795) and the Victoria Wine Company's depot (1879)

Spelman House

1939, London County Council block of 33 flats

Magenta House

2011-12, student housing for Capitalise Assets/Watkins Jones, designed by Aros Architects

Haji Nanna Biryani, 14 Whitechapel Road

Built 1881-2 as the George public house, shopfront of 1934

London Enterprise Academy (formerly Aneurin Bevan House), 81-91 Commercial Road

1980-1, built as offices (occupied by the NHS) with a penthouse, converted to school in 2014. The site previously housed the King's Hall.

Arcadia Court, formerly 90 to 222 Wentworth Dwellings

1886 block of flats with shops at 30 to 50 Wentworth Street and 36 to 48 Goulston Street to ground floor

Aldgate Place

2014-18, Barratt London development, under construction

Metropolitan Tower, Aldgate Place

2014-17, Barratt London development, under construction

Gateway Tower, Aldgate Place

2014-16, part of Barratt London development

Central Tower, Aldgate Place

2016-18, part of Barratt London development, under construction

26 Osborn Street

1949-50 residential, now with bar

District Court, Aldgate Place

2014-16, part of Barratt London development

18 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

Myrdle Court

1930s block of flats

93-95 Commercial Road

c.1900 shop and dwellings

17 Vallance Road

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

Morrison Buildings North, 35a Commercial Road

Improved Industrial Dwellings Company block, 1873-4

26 Settles Street

c.1900 dwellings

24 Settles Street

c.1900 dwellings

58-72 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

58-72 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

58-72 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

Dryden Building, 37 Commercial Road

1999-2000, block of flats with shops

40 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

58-72 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

58-72 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

12 Settles Street

c.1900 dwellings

42-50 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

10 Settles Street

c.1900 dwellings

28 Settles Street

c.1900 dwellings

Cornell Building, 1 Coke Street, 22 Plumbers Row and 50 Adler Street

1999-2000, flats with offices

Colefax Building

2001-2, block of flats

22 Settles Street

c.1900 dwellings

58-72 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

30 Whitechapel Road

shophouse of 1846, rebuilt in 1997

28 Whitechapel Road

shophouse of 1846, rebuilt 1997

Mosque Tower, 1 Fieldgate Street and 36 Whitechapel Road

1990s block of flats

20 Settles Street

c.1900 dwellings

42-50 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

52-56 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

14 Settles Street

c.1900 dwellings

16 Settles Street

c.1900 dwellings

18 Settles Street

c.1900 dwellings

42-50 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

52-56 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

58-72 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

52-56 Settles Street

Davis's Terrace, 1890-1, dwellings built by Israel & Hyman Davis (Davis Brothers)

Leman Street Apart-Hotel

2014-16, serviced apartments, formerly German Mission Day School, 1861 (demolished)

46-54 John Fisher Street on the Royal Mint Estate

Built 1978-1982 as Royal Mint Square, a housing estate for the Greater London Council designed by Andrews, Downie & Kelly

101 Whitechapel Road

c1815 origins, raised 2005-7, flats over shop

13-15 Greatorex Street with 80 Old Montague Street

1961-2, flats above community centre (Morris Kasler Hall, a kosher luncheon club, converted to business development centre in 1999)

123-125 Whitechapel Road

early 18th century origins as two shophouses, refronted in 1906 and 1974, upper storeys converted to flats in 2002-3

115 New Road and the New Road Synagogue

shophouses with 19th century origins, rebuilt in 20th century, formerly part of the New Road Synagogue

Green Dragon Yard

2000-2, flats

129 Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7PT

shop house, ?18th century, frontage embellished c. 1910, upper floors recast 2007-8 when merged with 128 in flats conversion

19 Vallance Road

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

21 Vallance Road

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

Hopetown

2005-7, Salvation Army Lifehouse, a women's hostel, replacing a predecessor of 1977-9 on this site and others on earlier sites nearby

27 Vallance Road

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

Magenta House

2011-12, student housing for Capitalise Assets/Watkins Jones, designed by Aros Architects

30 Osborn Street

early 19th century shophouse used as Tower Hamlets Savings Bank until 1892, reinstated as flats over shop in 1949-50

Chandlery House, 40 Gower's Walk

1894-5 wine warehouse with frontages to Gower's Walk and Back Church Lane, altered and floors added when converted to flats 1998-9

30 East Tenter Street

1901, dwellings

24 East Tenter Street

1901, dwellings

20 East Tenter Street

1901, dwellings

29 Vallance Road

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

35 Vallance Road

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

52-60 Leman Street

1901, dwellings

28 East Tenter Street

1901, dwellings

2-6 Old Montague Street

1904-5, shops and dwellings

2-6 Old Montague Street

1904-5, shops and dwellings

11-15 Casson Street

1987-8, row of three houses built for the Bangladeshi-led Spitalfields Housing Co-operative

22 East Tenter Street

1901, dwellings

Green Dragon Yard

1999-2001, flats with health centre

6 Durward Street

1876-7, former Board school, converted to flats

14 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

2 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

Wombat's (Aldgate Hostel), 7 Dock Street

1830-5 to Ensign Street as the Brunswick Maritime Establishment, an early sailors' home, extended to Dock Street in 1865-7 (rebuilt 1953-8)

66 Royal Mint Street

1890, warehouse, converted to flats in the 1970s

Don Gratton House, Alma Home, Greatorex Street Young People's Centre and Institute of Psychotrauma

2003-5, student housing with health-service facilities and a commercial unit

1 Dock Street

c.1850, shophouse

The Craft Building

1848-9, brewery stable-depot warehouse, altered c.1921 and converted to be artists' studios 2003-5, then to student housing in 2010-11

3-71 Wodeham Gardens

c.2000 (opened 2003), flats with community room

9 Davenant Street

2005-8, 11 flats with shop

Greater Whitechapel

6 Cable Street

1898, shophouse

233 Whitechapel Road with 1 Court Street

1854 as a rebuilding of the Star and Garter public house, now shop and dwellings

Wombat's (Aldgate Hostel), 7 Dock Street (extension)

2015, residential

Magenta House

2011-12, student housing for Capitalise Assets/Watkins Jones, designed by Aros Architects

3-3A Court Street

c.2013 shop and flats as infill in a neo-Victorian style, designed by M. H. and M. H. Rahman

St Paul's Vicarage

c.1847, vicarage to St Paul's church

1 Regal Close

1983-5, house as part of the GLC's Davenant Street development (part of Chicksand Estate)

The Denim Factory, 4-6 Davenant Street

1899-1900 clothier's warehouse, converted to offices and flats 2006-8

18 Chicksand Street

1982-3, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

23 Old Montague Street

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

17 Casson Street

1900-01, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

26 Chicksand Street

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

6 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

18 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing with shop, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

12 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

9 Vallance Road

1873-6, probably designed by Jethro T. Robinson, access to workshops for the Pavilion Theatre

24 Chicksand Street

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

Zara's Corner, 20 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing with shop, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

28 Chicksand Street

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

8 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

25 Casson Street

1900-01, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

29 Casson Street

1900-01, tenement housing with shop, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

27 Monthorpe Road

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

22 Chicksand Street

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

23 Casson Street

1900-01, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

19 Casson Street

1900-01, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

201 Whitechapel Road

Furnishing shop and warehouse of 1876, at one time 'Rose House', now Ranees, clothing retailer

10 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

16 Spelman Street (rear)

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

4 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

21 Casson Street

1900-01, tenement housing, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

16 Spelman Street

1900-03, tenement housing with shop, built by Maurice Davis with H. Chatfeild Clarke

Jack the Ripper Museum, 12 Cable Street

Built 1899 as a shophouse, converted to museum use in 2014-15

291 Whitechapel Road

1907-8, shops and dwellings on a site built up since the 1620s

5 Vallance Road

1873-6 shophouse, probably designed by Jethro T. Robinson

7 Vallance Road

1873-6 shophouse, probably designed by Jethro T. Robinson

194-212 Old Montague Street

1983-5, GLC flats as part of the Davenant Street Development (Chicksand Estate)

205 Whitechapel Road

Part of a row of four shophouses of 1865–8

289 Whitechapel Road

1907-8, shops and dwellings on a site built up since the 1620s

287 Whitechapel Road

1907-8, shops and dwellings, on a site built up since at least the 1620s

Booth House

1965-7, Salvation Army hostel, refurbished and refronted 2000-2

Victoria Court (Salvation Army Lifehouse), 177 Whitechapel Road

1995-6, Salvation Army hostel, rebuilding premises of the 1890s

293 Whitechapel Road

c.1840, shophouse, possibly refronted in 1881

295 Whitechapel Road

c.1840 shophouse

297 Whitechapel Road

c.1840 shophouse, used as a coffee tavern around 1900, front altered c.1980

299 Whitechapel Road (formerly the Lord Nelson public house)

1876 rebuilding of a public house with 17th-century origins, renamed by the boxer Daniel Mendoza when he was the landlord, closed about 1903

303 Whitechapel Road

1904 shophouse, Henry Florence, architect, Solomon Bressloff & Son's boot dealers from the 1940s to the 1980s

217 Whitechapel Road (formerly the Old Red Lion public house)

part of a building of 1846–7, a public house up to 1991

14 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

18 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

38-48 Frostic Walk

1980-2 as GLC flats

20 Chicksand Street

1982-3, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

22 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

52 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

8 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

16 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

24 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

4 Frostic Walk

1980-2, house, part of GLC Hopetown Estate

16 Chicksand Street

1982-3, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

8 Chicksand Street

1982-3, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

2-4 Chicksand Street

1980-2 as GLC flats

28 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing

8 Frostic Walk

1980-2, house, part of GLC Hopetown Estate

30 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

14 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC flats

28 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

40 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

10 Frostic Walk

1980-2, house, part of GLC Hopetown Estate

36 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

15 Old Montague Street

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

4-10 Hopetown Street

1980-2 as GLC flats

14-36 Frostic Walk

1980-2 as GLC housing

14 Chicksand Street

1982-3, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

34 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

20 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

42 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

19 Old Montague Street

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

22 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

16 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

20 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

32 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

38 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

26 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

2 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of GLC Hopetown Estate

25 Old Montague Street

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

12 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

17 Old Montague Street

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

6 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

12 Frostic Walk

1980-2, house, part of GLC Hopetown Estate

10 Chicksand Street

1982-3, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

50 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

44 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

4 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of GLC Hopetown Estate

48 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

26 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

28 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

54 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

2 Frostic Walk

1980-2, house, part of GLC Hopetown Estate

6 Chicksand Street

1982-3, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

46 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

24 Brick Lane

1980-2 as GLC housing with shop

21 Old Montague Street

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

10 Monthorpe Road

1980-2, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

12 Chicksand Street

1982-3, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC

6 Frostic Walk

1980-2, house, part of GLC Hopetown Estate