All places in the category "Public Houses"

21 Whitechapel Road

early 19th century shophouse, much altered, on the site of the Green Dragon Inn

The Brown Bear, 139 Leman Street

Londinium Tower

flats c.2000

The White Swan

early nineteenth-century pub, possibly rebuilt

The Dispensary

1858-9, converted c.1997-8

Former Royal Oak public house

1873, public house, now shop, restaurant and flats

Princess Of Prussia, 15 Prescot Street

1880s pub

Central House/The White Swan

pub with offices above, redeveloped alongside Central House

Former Lord Rodney's Head public house, 285 Whitechapel Road

Public house of c.1800, rebuilt c.1855, closed 2004

233 Whitechapel Road with 1 Court Street

1854 as a rebuilding of the Star and Garter public house, now shop and dwellings

Former Sir Sydney Smith public house, 22 Dock Street (now Pepper Pot House)

1936, public house built for Truman Hanbury Buxton Ltd

299 Whitechapel Road (formerly the Lord Nelson public house)

1876 rebuilding of a public house with 17th-century origins, renamed by the boxer Daniel Mendoza when he was the landlord, closed about 1903

Former Queen's Head public house, 317 Whitechapel Road

1904, public house of c.1700 origins, with a back range of 1886, closed 1950 and since converted to shop and offices

199 Whitechapel Road (former Black Bull public house)

A 19th-century building, refronted as a public house in 1925–7 in 'Brewers' Tudor' style, now a Bangladeshi restaurant

13 Vallance Road

1873-4 as the Weavers Arms public house, converted to shops and tenements in 1911

Zam Zam Gift Shop (formerly the Lord Napier public house), 235 Whitechapel Road

1909, public house, S. A. S. Yeo, architect, converted to shop use in the 1930s

The Artful Dodger (formerly the Crown and Seven Stars)

1820s public house with later alterations

The Good Samaritan Public House

1930s neo-Georgian public house designed by Arthur Sewell, chief architect for Truman, Hanbury, Buxton & Co.

12-14 Vallance Road

1879-80, pair of shophouses formerly including the Shakespeare beer house

The Castle, 44 Commercial Road

1871-3 public house

81 New Road

1887, formerly the Duke of Gloucester public house

The Culpeper, 40-42 Commercial Street

1883 pub, the Princess Alice, reduced from 5 to 3 storeys after war damage. Later renamed City Darts. Since 2014 the Culpeper gastropub

10 Cable Street

Built 1899-1900 as the Horns and Horseshoe public house

The Archers public house, 42 Osborn Street

1903, public house

Former Ye Olde Angel pub, 85 Whitechapel High Street

1900 former Ye Olde Angel public house, now shop with guesthouse and offices above

217 Whitechapel Road (formerly the Old Red Lion public house)

part of a building of 1846–7, a public house up to 1991

34 Settles Street

c.1900 as the Bricklayers' Arms public house, later a shop, raised and converted in 2016 as flats

Bar Indo (formerly the Blue Anchor Public House), 133 Whitechapel Road

1854 as the Blue Anchor Public House

White Hart, 89 Whitechapel High Street

public house known from the 1720s, 1830s frontage, building largely rebuilt and refitted in the 1920s and 1930s

The Bell, 50 Middlesex Street

Queen Anne-style corner public house with residential over, rebuilt 1883, in red and stock brick with carved brick decoration

61 Royal Mint Street (formerly the City of Carlisle public house)

Probaby built in 1881 as the Blue Peter public house (1620 in gable may refer to an earlier building), now flats

The Bar Locks (formerly the Horse and Groom)

public house, built 1902, painted stock brick

Oceanair House, 133-7 Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7PT

1937 moderne shop and office building, until 1959 known as Cardigan House, upper parts latterly used by London Metropolitan University

113 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick, on site of Cherry Tree public house

111 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick, on site of Cherry Tree public house

23 Whitechapel Road

early 19th-century shophouse on the site of the Green Dragon Inn

Former Grave Maurice public house, 269 Whitechapel Road

1873-4, public house, closed 2010 and converted to shops and flats by 2014

Haji Nanna Biryani, 14 Whitechapel Road

Built 1881-2 as the George public house, shopfront of 1934

The Oliver Conquest, 70 Leman Street

Early 19thC public house, formerly Mr Pickwick's and the Garrick Tavern

Wilton's Music Hall

Public house with 18th-century origins, rebuilt in 1845-6, music hall added to rear in 1858-9, rebuilt in 1877 and refurbished since 1979

Former London Hospital Tavern

19th century public house replacing a predecessor of the 1750s, formerly the London Hospital Tavern

Tayyabs (former Queen's Head public house), 83 Fieldgate Street

late 19th century pub, now part of Tayyabs restaurant

The Nag's Head, 17-19 Whitechapel Road

c1932, public house replacing a 17th-century or earlier coaching inn that had a galleried yard

The Black Horse, 40 Leman Street

1840s public house, site of inn and public house since late 17th century

Former Wilcox's New Music Hall and Vine Court synagogue

Music hall of 1869-71 converted to synagogue in 1892 and to clothing factory c.1980, largely rebuilt c.2005

The Blind Beggar public house

1894, public house