Central House

office block, on site of former Jewish Working Men's Institute built in 1883, synagogue founded in 1885, and Half Moon Theatre

Alie Street Synagogue, 1971
Contributed by Survey of London on May 3, 2017

A view of Alie Street Synagogue and adjoining buildings, now demolished, from a colour slide in Tower Local History Library and Archives:

https://twitter.com/LBTHArchives/status/810801239424376832

Looking north east down Alie Street with Central House on the left, August 2017
Contributed by Derek Kendall

Nos 4-12 on the south side of Camperdown Street from the east in the early 1970s (photograph by Dan Cruickshank)
Contributed by Dan Cruickshank

Nos 4-12 on the south side of Camperdown Street from the west in the early 1970s (photograph by Dan Cruickshank)
Contributed by Dan Cruickshank

Tags

worship