Fishel K. Abrahamson converted a house at No. 29 to be a synagogue in 1895–6.
Nos 29–33 Church Lane and 27a Commercial Road were redeveloped together in 1936–7, with George Coles as architect and Hudson Brothers as builders for M. Freedman, a gown manufacturer. There was a faint echo of Coles’s Art Deco skills in the façade fenestration of the factory and showroom block.1 The site was cleared in 2016.
District Surveyors Returns: Post Office Directories: Ordnance Survey 1873: The National Archives, IR58/84809/2656. ↩