All places in the category "Transport"

Car park at 8-10 Old Montague Street, with building behind the Nag's Head, 17-19 Whitechapel Road

Building at south end of car park is close to the site of 1960s day nursery for employees at clothing factory at 12-20 Osborn Street

15 Dock Street

1860s stables and factory, now offices

Whitechapel Station

2015-16, temporary station, built for use during Crossrail works

Crossrail Works

temporary structure for Crossrail works of 2013-18, on East London Line of 1874-5

Cromlech House

early 1960s former car park, warehouse, market and factory building (site of Boar's Head Yard), demolished 2016

193B Whitechapel Road

deodorising shed of 1884 for railway works, converted to workshop use in 1886 and for shopfitting in 1908

Old Pump House, 19-20 Hooper Street

1885-6, former engine house of the LTSR goods depot, converted to offices 2004-5

Whitechapel Station

1874-5 station for the East London Railway Company, back parts rebuilt in 2016-18

Whitechapel Station, Durward Street

2013-15, railway-platform superstructure for Crossrail reconstruction, above the East London Line of 1874-5

85 Stepney Way

Underground railway services building, Durward Street

1904-5, electricity sub-station for the Metropolitan District Railway, with east extension of 1951

16-20 Vallance Road

late 20th century electricity sub-station

Woods Buildings (west side)

c.1840 warehouse on site of two houses of c.1770, built for Thomas Dexter, top two storeys removed in 1978

19 to 23 Osborn Street

derelict former garage building on site of Warner iron foundry

8A Vine Court

mid 19th century stable building, much altered, now a house

42 Commercial Road

early 1870s shophouse, used as a smithy 1890s to 1930s

hoarding on site of 141-143 Whitechapel High Street

hoarding on site of 141-143 Whitechapel High Street and former Aldgate East underground entrance

Catering City

1955 as an extension of Service House's garage, shophouses like that surviving at 97 New Road being lost to bomb damage

1 to 12 Bowman Mews

1993-4 three-storey block of 12 flats on site of railway sidings, previously Gower's Row

Unit 73a, 25 Cable Street

railway arches used as light industrial unit, site of Sun and Sword alehouse

Whitechapel Station

Platforms opened in 1884 (north) and 1902 (south) with bridges over, and staff building of 1968 above

The Craft Building

1848-9, brewery stable-depot warehouse, altered c.1921 and converted to be artists' studios 2003-5, then to student housing in 2010-11

Railway Viaduct Abutment

Whitechapel Station

1884, station entrance (converted) with buildings and platforms for the Metropolitan District Railway, altered 1899-1902 and 2013-18

9 Whitechurch Passage

four-storey warehouse, probably built in the 1880s as an engine house for the London Metropolitan Railway Company

Pier in middle of Leman Street

19th-century stone and brick pier supporting railway viaduct

Crossrail Works

temporary structure for Crossrail works of 2013-18 on East London Line of 1874-5

Whitechapel Gallery, former Whitechapel Library

2009 extension to Whitechapel Gallery housed in former 1891-2 Passmore Edwards Library. Incorporates entrance to Aldgate East tube station

New Road Hotel (formerly Service House), 101-107 New Road

1929–30, former clothing factory and garage, H. Victor Kerr, architect, converted to hotel in 2015–18

Ibis Budget Hotel (formerly Brunning House)

1959-63, office block over garage, converted to hotel with flanking additions from 2010 (former almshouse, theatre, cinema and station site)

Crossrail Works

2010-18, temporary structures for Crossrail works on supermarket car park

Crossrail Works, Cambridge Heath Road

2010-18, temporary structures for Crossrail works on supermarket car park

Sainsbury's

1993-4, supermarket car park on part of Albion Brewery site, three-storey superstructure erected 2010 to facilitate Crossrail works

The Relay Building, 1 Commercial Street

2008 and 2012-14, 23-storey offices, flats, shops and entrance to Aldgate East station. Entrance to social housing in Tyne Street