All Contributions from Historic England


South Elevation of the Ambrose King Centre from the south-west in 1928, when it was known as the Resident Doctors' Hostel

Ambrose King Centre and Grahame Hayton Unit | Historic England

Photograph by Bedford Lemere & Co., reproduced by permission of the Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk).

34 Whitechapel Road in 2010

Whitechapel Bell Foundry, 32–34 Whitechapel Road | Historic England

Photograph by Derek Kendall. Copyright Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk)

South elevation of the Ambrose King Centre from Turner Street in 1928, when it was known as the Resident Doctors' Hostel

Ambrose King Centre and Grahame Hayton Unit | Historic England

Photograph by Bedford Lemere & Co., reproduced by permission of the Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk).

The Church of St Mary Matfelon, interior view looking east in 1888

Altab Ali Park, including the site of the parish church of St Mary Matfelon | Historic England

Photograph by Bedford Lemere, reproduced by permission of the Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk)

View of terraced houses on the east side of Cavell Street in 1956

Whitechapel Mission | Historic England

Reproduced by permission of the Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk)

Eastern District Post Office, Raven Row, photographed in 1956

East London Mail Centre and E1 Delivery Office | Historic England

The van entrance to the old Eastern District Post Office in Raven Row, looking north-east. Reproduced by permission of the Historic Engl...

Eastern District Post Office, Cavell Street, photographed in 1956

East London Mail Centre and E1 Delivery Office | Historic England

View of the sorting office range in Cavell Street of the old Eastern District Post Office, looking south towards Raven Row. Reproduced by...

186–196 Whitechapel Road, photographed in 1955

East London Mail Centre and E1 Delivery Office | Historic England

186–196 Whitechapel Road, including the builder's works of Walter Gladding & Co., were acquired for the redevelopment of the Eastern ...

East London Mosque, doors into prayer hall in 2003, photograph by Derek Kendall

East London Mosque | Historic England

reproduced by permission of the Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk)

The London Hospital Medical College in 1887, looking north-east

Garrod Building | Historic England

Photograph by Bedford Lemere, reproduced by permission of the Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk).

Whitechapel Bell Foundry, internal yard from the south in 2010

Whitechapel Bell Foundry, 32–34 Whitechapel Road | Historic England

Photograph by Derek Kendall. Copyright Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk)

Whitechapel Bell Foundry, pouring molten metal in 2010

Whitechapel Bell Foundry, 32–34 Whitechapel Road | Historic England

Photograph by Derek Kendall. Copyright Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk)

2 Fieldgate Street in 2010

Whitechapel Bell Foundry, 32–34 Whitechapel Road | Historic England

Photograph by Derek Kendall. Copyright Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk)

Eastern District Post Office, Whitechapel Road, in 1970

East London Mail Centre and E1 Delivery Office | Historic England

View of the Eastern District Post Office in Whitechapel Road shortly after the completion of the ambitious redevelopment of the site by t...

St George's German Lutheran Church and school beyond in the 1920s

St George’s German Lutheran Church | Historic England

reproduced by permission of the Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk)

East London Mosque in 2003, photograph by Derek Kendall

East London Mosque | Historic England

reproduced by permission of the Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk)

View across the rear garden of the London Hospital towards the east wing (demolished) in 1887

Former Royal London Hospital | Historic England

Photograph by Bedford Lemere, reproduced by permission of the Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk).

Lupus patients being treated in the Finsen Light Department at the London Hospital in 1917

Outpatients Department | Historic England

Photograph by Bedford Lemere & Co., reproduced by permission of the Historic England Archive (see archive.HistoricEngland.org.uk).