All places tagged "synagogue"

19 White Church Lane

1898-9 as a house, factory and office (with 9 Manningtree Street)

Poor Jews Temporary Shelter synagogue

29-33 White Church Lane

1936-7, gown factory and showroom, demolished 2016

George Coles synagogue

Business Development Centre, formerly Great Garden Street Synagogue and Morris Lederman House

Former foundry to rear converted to be a synagogue in 1896, front range Federation of Synagogues offices of 1972-4, all converted in 1999

Federation of Synagogues Morris Lederman foundry synagogue

St Boniface German Church, 47 Adler Street

1959-60, Roman Catholic church

Catholic Church Germans

Shell Petrol Station, 139-149 Whitechapel Road

petrol station of 1953-4, rebuilt 1991


London Action Resource Centre, 62 Fieldgate Street

late 1860s mission hall and infants' school, converted for synagogue and school use in the 1920s, adapted as a resource centre in the 1990s

chapel school synagogue

Former Fieldgate Street Great Synagogue

1898-9, rebuilt in 1959-60, closed and converted for use by the East London Mosque in 2015-16

synagogue

Former Royal Oak public house

1873, public house, now shop, restaurant and flats

Royal Oak

Former Wilcox's New Music Hall and Vine Court synagogue

Music hall of 1869-71 converted to synagogue in 1892 and to clothing factory c.1980, largely rebuilt c.2005

Wilcox's New Music Hall music hall Vine Court Synagogue synagogue

115 New Road and the former New Road Synagogue

shophouse of 1851, refronted in the mid 1980s. The former New Road Synagogue of 1891–2 is to the rear.

Samuel Montagu Lewis Solomon