All places tagged "brewery"

The Oliver Conquest, 70 Leman Street

Early 19thC public house, formerly Mr Pickwick's and the Garrick Tavern


Former St George's Brewery, 33 Commercial Road

model brewery of 1846-7, with warehouse to Assam Street of 1913-20, converted 2012-14

brewery

Hult International Business School (with Hult Tower), 33 Commercial Road

warehouse and offices of 1902, linked with addition of tower to rear in 2012-14


75 Whitechapel High Street

?early 19th-century shop house, upper floors now used for storage.


Former Ye Olde Angel pub, 85 Whitechapel High Street

1900 former Ye Olde Angel public house, now shop with guesthouse and offices above


The Bell, 50 Middlesex Street

Queen Anne-style corner public house with residential over, rebuilt 1883, in red and stock brick with rubbed-brick decoration

house public

The Culpeper, 40-42 Commercial Street

1883 pub, the Princess Alice, reduced from 5 to 3 storeys after war damage. Later renamed City Darts. Since 2014 the Culpeper gastropub


Greatorex Business Centre, 8-10 Greatorex Street

former clothing factory of 1955-6, partially converted in 2011


Don Gratton House, Alma Home, Greatorex Street Young People's Centre and Institute of Psychotrauma

2003-5, student housing with health-service facilities and a commercial unit


233 Whitechapel Road with 1 Court Street

1854 as a rebuilding of the Star and Garter public house, now shop and dwellings

Star and Garter public house

Zam Zam Gift Shop (formerly the Lord Napier public house), 235 Whitechapel Road

1909, public house, S. A. S. Yeo, architect, converted to shop use in the 1930s

Lord Napier public house Kossoff's S. A. S. Yeo Grodzinski

Albion Yard (formerly Albion Brewery)

Albion Brewery established 1807, rebuilt and extended 1863-8 and 1894-1902 for Mann, Crossman & Paulin, converted to flats in 1993-5


Swanlea Secondary School

1991-3, secondary school, on the site of Brady Street Dwellings and Brady Street Mansions


The Artful Dodger (formerly the Crown and Seven Stars)

1825–6, public house, altered 1881 and 1888, renamed 1985