All places tagged "Public Houses"

102 to 105 Whitechapel High Street and 2 Commercial Street

1909-10 rebuilding of part of T. Venables & Son drapers and furnishers


94 Whitechapel High Street

1956 shop and office building, with carriageway, formerly the entrance to Spread Eagle Yard


199 Whitechapel Road (former Black Bull public house)

A 19th-century building, refronted as a public house in 1925–7 in 'Brewers' Tudor' style, now a Bangladeshi restaurant

'public house' 'Bangladeshi restaurant'

34 Settles Street

1885 as the Bricklayers' Arms public house, later a shop, raised and converted in 2016 as flats


Tayyabs (former Queen's Head public house), 83 Fieldgate Street

public house of 1885-6, now part of Tayyabs restaurant


2 Graces Alley (part of Wilton's Music Hall)

house of the late 1840s incorporated into Wilton's Music Hall, refurbished in 2014-15

Wilton's Music Hall

Calcutta House annexe, Old Castle Street

1932 former Brooke Bond welfare building, later part of London Metropolitan University


The Blind Beggar public house

1894, public house


White Hart, 89 Whitechapel High Street

public house known from the 1720s, 1830s frontage, building largely rebuilt and refitted in the 1920s and 1930s