All places tagged "1950s"

Aldgate Tower

Office and retail tower, constructed 2006-2014, designed by Wilkinson Eyre Architects


Islamic Bank of Britain, 97-99 Whitechapel Road

1927-8, built as Commercial Gas Company offices and showrooms


Whitechapel Station

1874-5 station for the East London Railway Company, back parts rebuilt in 2016-18


Swanlea Secondary School

1991-3, secondary school, on the site of Brady Street Dwellings and Brady Street Mansions


Whitechapel Hotel, 49-53 New Road

1990s offices, converted to hotel use c.2007


48 Gower's Walk

1924 factory building (formerly 47-8) converted to flats 1997


49 Gower's Walk

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick


New Loom House, 101 Back Church Lane

1889-90 former Browne and Eagle wool warehouse converted to offices 1991