All places on Whitechapel workhouse and burial ground

151 Whitechapel Road

1860-2, end house and only survivor of a thirteen-house terrace developed and designed by John Hudson

Open space, Moss Close

former workhouse burial ground (1813 to 1853) then school playground (1862 to 1965), laid out as a grass mound in 1983-5

Booth House

1965-7, Salvation Army hostel, refurbished and refronted 2000-2

Victoria Court (Salvation Army Lifehouse), 177 Whitechapel Road

1995-6, Salvation Army hostel, rebuilding premises of the 1890s