All places tagged "house"

The Bar Locks (formerly the Horse and Groom)

public house, built 1902, painted stock brick

public house

White Hart, 89 Whitechapel High Street

public house known from the 1720s, 1830s frontage, building largely rebuilt and refitted in the 1920s and 1930s


The Bell, 50 Middlesex Street

Queen Anne-style corner public house with residential over, rebuilt 1883, in red and stock brick with rubbed-brick decoration

house public

The Culpeper, 40-42 Commercial Street

1883 pub, the Princess Alice, reduced from 5 to 3 storeys after war damage. Later renamed City Darts. Since 2014 the Culpeper gastropub


Sunley House

1976 brick-built flats on site of George Yard Buildings, later Balliol House/Charles Booth House. Demolished for Toynbee redevelopment 2016


The Blind Beggar public house

1894, public house


Maryam Centre, East London Mosque, Fieldgate Street

2009-13, women's prayer hall and community centre


8 New Road

shophouse, c.1810


The Brown Bear, 139 Leman Street

1838, public house built for Joseph Tickell, extended to rear in 1850 for John A. Furze, interior refitted in 1927


30 Prescot Street

Early 19th century house


The Artful Dodger (formerly the Crown and Seven Stars)

1825–6, public house, altered 1881 and 1888, renamed 1985


Ansell House