All places tagged "rag trade"

City Reach

6-storey block of flats, c.2003, formerly Whitechapel Charities School and clothing warehouse


12-20 Osborn Street (Arbor City Hotel)

1957-61, clothing factory converted to hotel in 2001, on the site of a sugar refinery (1795) and the Victoria Wine Company's depot (1879)


20 Chicksand Street

1982-3, house, part of the Hopetown Estate, built by the GLC


Whitechapel Technology Centre (East London Works)

1980-1, training centre with shops, altered c.1989 and 2015 and adapted for office use. Site of Black Lion Yard


75 Whitechapel High Street

?early 19th-century shop house, upper floors now used for storage.


76 Whitechapel High Street

1845 shop house, upper floors formerly residential, now storage


86 Whitechapel High Street

heavily altered early to mid 19th-century shop and office building, currently (2016) a café


87 Whitechapel High Street

1954-5 shop and office building, incorporating small late 19th-century workshop building behind 86


91 Whitechapel High Street

1861 shop, site of a 'penny gaff' in the 1850s, now a restaurant with flats over proposed


95-6 Whitechapel High Street

1948 former bank building, now restaurant, with offices and flats over, on site of west side of Spread Eagle Yard


48 and 48a Middlesex Street

1880s shop and former warehouse, upper parts of 46 and 48 converted in 2010 to six flats as The Lofthouse, 48a Middlesex Street


102 to 105 Whitechapel High Street and 2 Commercial Street

1909-10 rebuilding of part of T. Venables & Son drapers and furnishers


101 Whitechapel High Street

1960 office building and former bank, on site of Tewkesbury Buildings


115 New Road and the former New Road Synagogue

shophouse of 1851, refronted in the mid 1980s. The former New Road Synagogue of 1891–2 is to the rear.

Samuel Montagu Lewis Solomon

Greater Whitechapel

None


Greater Whitechapel: former Deal Street School


Greater Whitechapel

None