View which allows third parties to query documents by author, tags, date of submission, or date range. Query format: ?author=&tags=&date=&date_range= Example: ?author=27&tags=pub&date_range=2016-09-28,2016-10-31

GET /api/v1/query/documents/
HTTP 200 OK
Allow: GET, HEAD, OPTIONS
Content-Type: application/json
Vary: Accept

[
    {
        "id": 42,
        "title": "3 White Church Lane",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 170,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069434539383805,
                                51.51583074728318
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069319861800943,
                                51.51587593866735
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069280416327696,
                                51.51584621970487
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069280088135553,
                                51.51582567431937
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069393313799103,
                                51.515795047869595
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069434539383805,
                                51.51583074728318
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "3",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "White Church Lane",
                "address": "3 White Church Lane",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 4
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>This two-storey brick corner building of c.1960 was bomb-damage replacement. It was much embellished in 2012 through Global Street Art. Facing White Church Lane is ‘Too much buying not enough taking’ by Lister, the entrance-door shutter has wings by Probs, and the south return to Whitechurch Passage a head by Hunto and ‘The Lady’, a low-relief ceramic by ChinaGirl Tile.[^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: Post Office Directories: http://blog.globalstreetart.com/walls</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-20",
        "last_edited": "2016-07-19"
    },
    {
        "id": 43,
        "title": "5-9 White Church Lane",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 139,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069516298263133,
                                51.51562763533338
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069579357714014,
                                51.51572460975157
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069579354760643,
                                51.51572461651399
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069403044163044,
                                51.51576995414652
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06927908265535,
                                51.515801830399916
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069203456882112,
                                51.51569725189831
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069326831666325,
                                51.51566133501348
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069395152035281,
                                51.51564144557791
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069402465619721,
                                51.51565523981243
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069516298263133,
                                51.51562763533338
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "5-9",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "White Church Lane",
                "address": "5-9 White Church Lane",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 1
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>This large four-storey red-brick clothing factory of 1919-21 was built by and for B. Levine, a shopfitter of Greenfield Street, with A. S. R. Ley as architect. A wholesale hosier, costume makers and a woollen merchant were accommodated above insurance offices. The building was raised and its upper storeys converted to flats in 1999–2000.[^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: District Surveyors Returns: Post Office Directories: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, Building Control file 41965: Tower Hamlets Planning</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-20",
        "last_edited": "2016-10-20"
    },
    {
        "id": 44,
        "title": "11-15 White Church Lane",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 138,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069181496669892,
                                51.51566688439278
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069413280199712,
                                51.515598286100506
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069413280199768,
                                51.51559828610048
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069431226282052,
                                51.515621101499974
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069395152035285,
                                51.5156414455779
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069203456882112,
                                51.51569725189831
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069181496669892,
                                51.51566688439278
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "11",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "White Church Lane",
                "address": "11 White Church Lane",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 3
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>Three shops and houses of 1915–17, Joseph &amp; Smithem, architects, built by M. Zetlin for Mrs Lederman of Colchester Street on a building lease taken by the London Cigarette Paper Tube Co. First occupied by Harry Lewis, wholesale clothier, S. Goldberg &amp; Sons, blouse manufacturers, and Simon Kravis, woollen merchant. Of Neo-Georgian brick, the building has four storeys with a cornice below an attic storey.[^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: District Surveyors Returns: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, Building Control file 41969: Post Office Directories</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-20",
        "last_edited": "2017-09-12"
    },
    {
        "id": 45,
        "title": "17 White Church Lane",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 142,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069126224544899,
                                51.515558849026164
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069240640768582,
                                51.5155289531881
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069240647310599,
                                51.51552894973457
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069240652002255,
                                51.51552895642242
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069337650654143,
                                51.515502135962606
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06936636946444,
                                51.51553864705814
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06926099560633,
                                51.51556742365802
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069260946514621,
                                51.51556743076239
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069133866951602,
                                51.51560102001405
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069111479703893,
                                51.51557006198587
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069126227710551,
                                51.51555885436859
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069126224544899,
                                51.515558849026164
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "17",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "White Church Lane",
                "address": "17 White Church Lane",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 3
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>The upper storeys were built around 1840 for Charles Marshall, a veterinary surgeon and farrier. There is first-floor blind arcading in a little-altered stock brick elevation. The shop below is infill of what was an open carriageway into the twentieth century. Stables to the rear were rebuilt for Marshall’s successors to incorporate a smithy.[^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, P/WAH/1/10/2: District Surveyors Returns: Ordnance Survey map, 1873: Post Office Directories</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-20",
        "last_edited": "2017-09-12"
    },
    {
        "id": 46,
        "title": "19 White Church Lane",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 143,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.06909531726186,
                                51.51550668914688
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069158103007644,
                                51.5154888105693
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069158110074285,
                                51.515488807862255
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069229827889128,
                                51.515458568212814
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069240498296499,
                                51.51547175412803
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069299048478538,
                                51.51545270234641
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06933765065419,
                                51.515502135962606
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069240640768582,
                                51.5155289531881
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069126224544899,
                                51.515558849026164
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06909531726186,
                                51.51550668914688
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "19",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "White Church Lane",
                "address": "19 White Church Lane",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 3
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>In the early 1880s Simon Cohen (sometimes Simha Becker), a pastry cook across the road at 32 Church Lane, used a house on the site of No. 19 as a refuge for homeless Jewish immigrants. He named it the Poor Jews’ Temporary Shelter shortly before it was closed down as unsanitary in early 1885. That prompted fundraising which permitted the establishment to move, first to 12 Great Garden Street then to 84 Leman Street. Other premises continued to be used as ad hoc refuges or lodging houses. In late 1885 a Shelter employee took five immigrants from Brest-Litovsk to 11 Church Lane, then occupied by Paul Meczyk, a printer, only for them to be turned out on to the street.</p>\n\n<p>By 1891, in which year he fell out with the Shelter Committee, Cohen had converted the house at No. 19 to be a ‘Beth Hamedresh’ (study circle and synagogue). He acted as his own builder and carried out further works in 1895–6.</p>\n\n<p>But this did not last. In 1898–9 Jacob King redeveloped the site along with 9 Manningtree (formerly Colchester) Street. Arthur C. Payne was the architect and H. W. Brown the builder of a house above a factory and office, brick (now painted) with keystones over the windows and shaped gables, one since replaced. Bender &amp; Co., leather merchants, were in occupation in 1900.[^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: District Surveyors Returns: Metropolitan Board of Works Minutes, 11 Dec 1885, p.875: London County Council Minutes, 24 June 1890, p. 564; 4 Oct and 1 Nov 1898, pp. 1061, 1249: London Metropolitan Archives, LMA/4184; LMA/4184/2/1/1; LMA/4184/2/5/1/3: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, Building Control File 41972: Post Office Directories</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-20",
        "last_edited": "2017-09-12"
    },
    {
        "id": 47,
        "title": "The Bar Locks (formerly the Horse and Groom public house), 21 White Church Lane",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 144,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069158110074285,
                                51.515488807862255
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069158103007644,
                                51.5154888105693
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06909531726186,
                                51.51550668914688
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069053903152441,
                                51.51543679769293
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069174688254967,
                                51.51539510349721
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069229827889087,
                                51.51545856821285
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069158110074285,
                                51.515488807862255
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "21",
                "b_name": "The Bar Locks (formerly the Horse and Groom)",
                "street": "White Church Lane",
                "address": "21 White Church Lane",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 4
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>There was a Horse and Groom pub on this corner site by 1760. A two-storey building that had been run by Henry Levy was replaced in 1902. The developer was Jacob King of West Hampstead, the architect Ralph J. Miller of 9 Queen Anne's Gate, and the builder E. Messiter of Sloane Square. It had become a Truman, Hanbury &amp; Buxton pub by 1910 and has recently had its stock brick painted.[^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: London Metropolitan Archives, MR/LV/7/49: Land Tax returns: District Surveyors Returns: London County Council Minutes, 24 June 1902, p. 953: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, Building Control file 41974: The National Archives, IR58/84809/2620</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-20",
        "last_edited": "2016-10-20"
    },
    {
        "id": 48,
        "title": "29-33 White Church Lane",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 162,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069006759704738,
                                51.5150568844191
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069014695757064,
                                51.51523956315401
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068912141496422,
                                51.515269068053904
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068847667114587,
                                51.5151890784224
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06894818219913,
                                51.51515300087076
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069009646187998,
                                51.51513326826132
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069006759704738,
                                51.5150568844191
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "29-33",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "White Church Lane",
                "address": "29-33 White Church Lane",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 3
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>Fishel K. Abrahamson converted a house at No. 29 to be a synagogue in 1895–6. </p>\n\n<p>Nos 29–33 Church Lane and 27a Commercial Road were redeveloped together in 1936–7, with George Coles as architect and Hudson Brothers as builders for M. Freedman, a gown manufacturer. There was a faint echo of Coles’s Art Deco skills in the façade fenestration of the factory and showroom block.[^1] The site was cleared in 2016.</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: District Surveyors Returns: Post Office Directories: Ordnance Survey 1873: The National Archives, IR58/84809/2656.</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-20",
        "last_edited": "2016-10-20"
    },
    {
        "id": 49,
        "title": "27 Commercial Road",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 102,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.068884991325227,
                                51.51509176890641
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068884964761477,
                                51.515091771690116
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068794658458709,
                                51.51512331365302
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068755208747082,
                                51.51507437068053
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068763951154488,
                                51.515060519662065
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06878690364361,
                                51.51504817492868
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068894901526045,
                                51.51504995339762
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068909858606256,
                                51.515082006494964
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068884991325227,
                                51.51509176890641
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "27",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "Commercial Road",
                "address": "27 Commercial Road",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 9
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>This four-storey corner warehouse was built in 1872–3 for Edmund Richard Goodrich, an oilman whose premises had been taken for the westwards extension of Commercial Road through Whitechapel. Thomas Ennor was the builder of what was the first building to go up on the new road.[^1] </p>\n\n<p>Shutter painting of 2012 here was by Malarky, Chase and Billy.[^2]</p>\n\n<p>A scheme for redevelopment of Nos 29–37 and 27–27a Commercial Road was prepared in 2012, approved in 2014 and refined in 2016 when the site was cleared. Initiated by Reef Estates Aldgate Ltd, it proposes a 270-bedroom (178-key) apart-hotel in a 21-storey tower to be operated by Motel One, a German firm. The architects are Stock Woolstencroft and the work is being carried out by Ardmore Construction Ltd.[^3]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: Metropolitan Board of Works Minutes, 10 Feb. and 11 Aug. 1871, pp. 272,791: District Surveyors Returns: Post Office Directories: Ordnance Survey 1873</p>\n\n<p>[^2]: <a href=\"http://blog.globalstreetart.com/walls\">http://blog.globalstreetart.com/walls</a></p>\n\n<p>[^3]: Tower Hamlets Planning</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-20",
        "last_edited": "2019-01-09"
    },
    {
        "id": 50,
        "title": "27A Commercial Road",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 303,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069014695757064,
                                51.51523956315401
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069006759704738,
                                51.5150568844191
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069183985538311,
                                51.515061074794986
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069174151352678,
                                51.51521451716912
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069139298695867,
                                51.51522608039955
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069110996613575,
                                51.51521260416429
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069111919823293,
                                51.51520155348878
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069077020997482,
                                51.51520053568557
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06907108832058,
                                51.51522333899199
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069014695757064,
                                51.51523956315401
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "27A",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "Commercial Road",
                "address": "27A Commercial Road",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 6
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>27a Commercial Road was built in 1876–8 by A. P. Wootton as a speculation. The commercial premises first housed Hyam Goldstein’s cap factory, then Aaram Bagel's boot factory, Burstein Isaacs &amp; Co.'s cigarette factory and then tea packing.[^1]</p>\n\n<p>The premises were redeveloped in  1936–7 with Nos 29–33 Church Lane, with George Coles as architect and Hudson Brothers as builders for M. Freedman, a gown manufacturer. Surprisingly, the façade of the 1870s was retained. </p>\n\n<p>A scheme for redevelopment of Nos 29–37 and 27–27a Commercial Road was prepared in 2012, approved in 2014 and refined in 2016. Initiated by Reef Estates Aldgate Ltd, it proposes a 270-bedroom hotel in a 21-storey tower to be operated by Motel One, a German firm. The architects are Stock Woolstencroft.[^2]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: Metropolitan Board of Works Minutes, 4 Jan. 1878, p.6: District Surveyors Returns: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, Building Control file 40299: Post Office Directories: The National Archives, IR58/84809/2656</p>\n\n<p>[^2]: Tower Hamlets Planning</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-20",
        "last_edited": "2016-10-20"
    },
    {
        "id": 51,
        "title": "Yard Theatre, Temporary Rehearsal Space",
        "author": {
            "id": 28,
            "username": "jamie@hobotheatre.co.uk"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 37,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.071113759773247,
                                51.513989212236595
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.07097765657936,
                                51.514031042914745
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.070977656579359,
                                51.514031042914745
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.070840916237889,
                                51.513863013080794
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.071192934027189,
                                51.51374219365012
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.071318896467733,
                                51.51389139371029
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.071095239409909,
                                51.51396646699376
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.071113759773247,
                                51.513989212236595
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "39-47",
                "b_name": "Frazer House",
                "street": "Alie Street",
                "address": "Frazer House, 39-47 Alie Street",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 2
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>In 2014, I rehearsed a play for The Yard Theatre at Frazer House. The Yard had been granted free access to the building to develop their arts projects since they are a registered charity. We had great experiences working in this space. As a former office building, the space had lots of different rooms and offered a lot of flexibility.</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-20",
        "last_edited": "2017-08-31"
    },
    {
        "id": 52,
        "title": "9 Manningtree Street",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 291,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069174688254967,
                                51.51539510349721
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069235098979938,
                                51.515371758905076
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069299048478491,
                                51.51545270234642
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06924049829651,
                                51.515471754128036
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069174688254967,
                                51.51539510349721
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "9",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "Manningtree Street",
                "address": "9 Manningtree Street",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 2
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>Built in 1898-9 with 19 White Church Lane for Jacob King. Arthur C. Payne, architect, H. W. Brown, builder. [^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: District Surveyors Returns: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, Building Control file 41972</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-22",
        "last_edited": "2016-10-20"
    },
    {
        "id": 53,
        "title": "7-8 Manningtree Street",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 290,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069579354760643,
                                51.51572461651399
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069579357714014,
                                51.51572460975157
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069523889861304,
                                51.51563776817711
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069504402649089,
                                51.5156031957303
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069431226281995,
                                51.51562110149998
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069221403661226,
                                51.51535434763049
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06946360673883,
                                51.5152782690582
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069681293333652,
                                51.51554540039649
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069609567816262,
                                51.515565767950406
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069697580237575,
                                51.515694215260176
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069579354760643,
                                51.51572461651399
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "7-8",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "Manningtree Street",
                "address": "7-8 Manningtree Street",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 2
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>2011-13, office and residential block, replacing a clothing factory of 1930-2. Kyson, architects, for Breanstar Ltd, brick facade with Marley Eternit Cedral weatherboarding return. [^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: District Surveyors Returns: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, Building Control file 40878: Tower Hamlets Planning</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-22",
        "last_edited": "2016-10-20"
    },
    {
        "id": 54,
        "title": "Whitechapel Fire Station",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 101,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069645462493737,
                                51.515142463727784
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069222888876109,
                                51.51529835788027
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069232652835499,
                                51.51526035048273
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069278826604558,
                                51.51522930389526
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06930377951036,
                                51.515073225280084
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069647827894883,
                                51.515086522706206
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069645462493737,
                                51.515142463727784
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "",
                "b_name": "Whitechapel Fire Station",
                "street": "Manningtree Street",
                "address": "Whitechapel Fire Station, Manningtree Street",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 9
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>Built in 1929–32, Whitechapel Fire Station is a rarity as an inter-war London County Council fire station still serving its original purpose. Its origins are earlier.</p>\n\n<p>In the extension of Commercial Road westwards through Whitechapel the Metropolitan Board of Works held on to the triangular site that had been formed from clearance of the south side of the east end of Colchester Street. In late 1872 it decided to build here to replace humble fire stations on Church Lane and in Wellclose Square with a ‘chief’ facility. The site’s first fire station was built in 1874–5 with George Vulliamy as architect, Thomas Stimpson &amp; Co. as builder. It was a lively four-storey building that made the most of its western corner with a rounded turret. The watch-room was at its base, with the engine room opening onto the new road. Beyond there was a large open yard with stables at the back. A superintendent was accommodated on the first floor; above there were rooms for twelve firemen (six married and six single) and a coachman. The station had four horses and three fire engines. As was general, the size of the engine-room doors became a problem. A new engine house, probably designed by Robert Pearsall, was built on the yard in 1899–1900, B. E. Nightingale its builder. Adaptation for the replacement of horses with motor-driven appliances in 1911 included repaving the new appliance room. [^1]</p>\n\n<p><img alt=\"\" src=\"/media/uploads/2017/12/06/fire-station-plans.jpg\"><em>Whitechapel Fire Station, ground- and first-floor plans as in 1975 (drawing by Helen Jones)</em></p>\n\n<p>With two appliance rooms separated by a too-small yard this was an unwieldy complex. The LCC decided to replace it in 1928 when G. Topham Forrest was in charge of the Council’s architects. L. H. &amp; R. Roberts of Clapton were the builders. Rational in its layout, five appliance bays open onto Commercial Road under two storeys of accommodation; again a yard lies to the east. Faced in brown Stourbridge brick, this building is remarkably austere, simplicity that antedates economic hard times and is almost expressionist in the subtlety of its detailing, with chamfered brick courses and arrises, for an architecture close to that produced by Gilbert Mackenzie Trench for the Metropolitan Police in 1928–30 at Charles Rowan House in Finsbury, both anticipating similar work by Giles Gilbert Scott. Bondings, mitres and rubbings were carefully specified. The yard was enlarged up to White Church Lane. In 1938–9 in the build-up to war 351 auxiliary firemen were based at the station for training and accommodated in nearby properties, and steel joists went into ceilings as air-raid protection. A post-war relocation as part of the Gardiner’s Corner project failed to materialize. Instead internal spaces were adapted in 1979, converting flats for a modernised watch-room. Further upper-storey accommodation was given up in the 1990s and the appliance bay doors were replaced in 2000. [^2]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: Metropolitan Board of Works Minutes, 4 Oct. and 1 Nov. 1872, pp. 344 and 478; 16 Jan., 17 April and 15 May 1874, pp. 98, 465, 597; 16 July 1875, p. 97; 21 Oct. 1881, p. 517: District Surveyors Returns: <em>The Builder</em>, 14 Aug. 1875, pp. 733, 735: London Metropolitan Archives, LCC/CO/CON/02/2404; Collage 213448 and 213476: London County Council Minutes, 16 May 1911, p.1230</p>\n\n<p>[^2]: District Surveyors Returns: London County Council Minutes, 24 July 1928, p.219; 29 Oct. 1929, p.479; 31 Oct. 1933, p.396: London Metropolitan Archives, LCC/AR/CON/02/2460; LCC/CL/FB/01/103; GLC/AR/SW/04/002: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, L/THL/D/1/1/255: Tower Hamlets Planning</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-22",
        "last_edited": "2017-12-06"
    },
    {
        "id": 55,
        "title": "Former Clergy House (St Mary's House), 2 White Church Lane",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 156,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069223851474886,
                                51.515955924233545
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069143475875129,
                                51.5159882117629
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069039952977969,
                                51.515887892128475
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069144701834528,
                                51.51584581367862
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069231096704407,
                                51.51592953511854
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069223851474886,
                                51.515955924233545
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "2",
                "b_name": "Sushino En (formerly St Mary's House)",
                "street": "White Church Lane",
                "address": "2 White Church Lane",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 4
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>This site near the north-west corner of what was the parish churchyard was part occupied by the parish watch house and a fire-engine house from the early years of the nineteenth century. The fire-engine house fell redundant in 1875 and in 1881 the Rev. Arthur James Robinson sought a long lease of the site to build a curate’s house. The Vestry approved his plans but the project did not advance until 1892 when Robinson put forward a different scheme for a new building on the site of an old cottage and the former engine house. [^1]</p>\n\n<p>The Clergy House was built in 1894–5, seen through by the Rev. Ernest A. B. Sanders with Herbert O. Ellis as architect and Thomas Little as builder. Of red brick with stone dressings, like the parish church that had been rebuilt in the 1870s, its corner turret gave it a strong presence. This was diminished by the loss of a conical roof, perhaps due to war damage, which may also account for the rebuilding of the north flank elevation. The building accommodated not just curates, but also the Working Men’s Club and the Lads’ Brigade on its lower storeys. It was converted to be a Post Office in the mid 1930s and there was upper-storey office use from the 1940s. The building now houses a Japanese restaurant. [^2]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, L/SMW/A/1/1: London Metropolitan Archives, P93/MRY1/092; DL/A/C/MS19224/441</p>\n\n<p>[^2]: District Surveyors Returns: G. Reginald Balleine, <em>The Story of St Mary Matfelon</em>, 1898, p. 38: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, L/THL/D/1/1/117: Post Office Directories</p>\n\n<p> </p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-22",
        "last_edited": "2016-07-19"
    },
    {
        "id": 56,
        "title": "4 White Church Lane",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 157,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069144690600672,
                                51.515845810444475
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069039952977969,
                                51.515887892128475
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06902408749862,
                                51.515893460019775
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068980292761505,
                                51.51585556277966
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06910842825712,
                                51.51579791995394
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069144690600672,
                                51.515845810444475
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "4",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "White Church Lane",
                "address": "Tip Top Casual Wear, 4 White Church Lane",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 4
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>1852–3, stock brick, unaltered to rear, built as a sale room by and for Isaac Bird, auctioneer. Painted-shutter from 2012 by Hunto. [^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: District Surveyors Returns: Post Office Directories: <a href=\"http://blog.globalstreetart.com/walls\">http://blog.globalstreetart.com/walls</a></p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-22",
        "last_edited": "2016-07-19"
    },
    {
        "id": 57,
        "title": "4A and 6 White Church Lane",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 158,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.069108417023273,
                                51.51579791671978
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068980281527584,
                                51.51585555954552
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068943307527969,
                                51.51587302395605
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068947555405622,
                                51.51587761386649
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068928377129436,
                                51.51588660182272
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06892285737537,
                                51.51588077925893
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068843696180412,
                                51.51591389365507
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068782370351196,
                                51.51585435755515
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069058804654726,
                                51.51574351219571
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069108417023273,
                                51.51579791671978
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "4A and 6",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "White Church Lane",
                "address": "4A and 6 White Church Lane",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 4
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>No. 6 is of the 1850s, refronted in 1898–9, of painted brick with a painted shutter of 2012 by 2Rise, whose tag has also been prominent on the south side of Whitechurch Passage.</p>\n\n<p>No. 4A is a workshop to the rear behind an entrance passage. It was built in 1899–1900 for William Nay, a looking-glass (mirror) manufacturer, with A. Parnacott, architect, and F. A. Moat, builder. It was given a ‘herringbone floor strutted with iron girders’, and was converted to be a necktie factory in the 1920s. The front-door shutter has a figure of 2012 by Tizer. [^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: District Surveyors Returns: London County Council Minutes, 4 Oct. 1898, p. 1061: The National Archives, IR58/84806/2588: Goad maps: Post Office Directories: <a href=\"http://blog.globalstreetart.com/walls\">blog.globalstreetart.com/walls</a></p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-22",
        "last_edited": "2016-07-19"
    },
    {
        "id": 58,
        "title": "8 and 10 White Church Lane",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 304,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.068810248810689,
                                51.51579556643765
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069035200140217,
                                51.51571155031097
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069035200694604,
                                51.51571156307232
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069035205379949,
                                51.515711557408544
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.069058793420887,
                                51.51574350896153
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068793328727398,
                                51.51584995572055
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068753435980769,
                                51.515816722362146
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068810248810689,
                                51.51579556643765
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "8",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "White Church Lane",
                "address": "8 White Church Lane",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 2
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>This pair was built in 1852 by Jabez Single of New Road as houses with shops that were first occupied by Mark Berry, a zinc and tinplate worker, and James Fullerton Barber, a printer. Painted brick with gauged-brick flat-arched window heads, No. 10 was part rebuilt in 1886, and retains the south console from a shopfront of 1894. It was much altered and extended to the rear for a bedding factory that was later a silk-screen and joiners’ workshops. [^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: District Surveyors Returns: Post Office Directories: Goad maps</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-22",
        "last_edited": "2016-07-27"
    },
    {
        "id": 59,
        "title": "Naylor Building West, 14-24 White Church Lane and 1 Assam Street",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 100,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.068968833472809,
                                51.515616059521406
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068737704294811,
                                51.515680956092304
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068527540402549,
                                51.515346704146836
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068562611770617,
                                51.51533710360096
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068539450238496,
                                51.51530618760308
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068739635718426,
                                51.51524968774128
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068968833472809,
                                51.515616059521406
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "1",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "Assam Street",
                "address": "Naylor Building West, 1 Assam Street (and 14-24 White Church Lane)",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 4
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>This was part of a residential and retail development for Ballymore Properties. A first scheme of 1997 by CZWG Architects and seen as an extension of the Aldgate Triangle scheme to the east was superseded. The block was built in 2000-2 to plans prepared by Michael Squire and Partners, architects, with Robert Bochel as job architect. The White Church Lane site took one of two long five-storey blocks of flats with balconies to the rear. There is grey facing with projecting half-dormers that step up, a colourless echo of Ralph Erskine’s higher-profile and contemporary Millennium Village on the Greenwich Peninsula. [^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, TH/9360/C/THL/G/2; Building Control file 42693</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-22",
        "last_edited": "2016-10-20"
    },
    {
        "id": 60,
        "title": "Naylor Building East, 15 Adler Street",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 99,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.068587719577273,
                                51.51565940190687
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068595762889754,
                                51.515662078921274
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068566804446922,
                                51.51567178015738
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068603315831843,
                                51.51572454463503
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06781462691399,
                                51.515954556557546
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.067766212752376,
                                51.51589396208236
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.067735323885299,
                                51.51590108676378
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.067762237748683,
                                51.515939698376926
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.067710756245418,
                                51.515951572839
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06765869728941,
                                51.51588074008701
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.067745412103198,
                                51.515855451196515
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.067757154168285,
                                51.51586709511586
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068533292765152,
                                51.51564451051023
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068519889374532,
                                51.515623933403596
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068559090190615,
                                51.51561312859912
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068587719577273,
                                51.51565940190687
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "15",
                "b_name": "",
                "street": "Adler Street",
                "address": "Naylor Building East, 15 Adler Street",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 1
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>This block was part of a residential and retail development for Ballymore Properties built to plans prepared by Michael Squire and Partners, architects, in July 2000. There is grey facing with projecting half-dormers, a colourless echo of Ralph Erskine’s higher-profile and contemporary Millennium Village on the Greenwich Peninsula. In six storeys balconies face north to Altab Ali Park. The south and entrance elevation is flatter than that of its sibling. [^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives, TH/9360/C/THL/G/2</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-22",
        "last_edited": "2016-07-19"
    },
    {
        "id": 61,
        "title": "Kirstein's Mansions, 34-40 White Church Lane",
        "author": {
            "id": 2,
            "username": "surveyoflondon"
        },
        "feature": {
            "id": 184,
            "type": "Feature",
            "geometry": {
                "type": "MultiPolygon",
                "coordinates": [
                    [
                        [
                            [
                                -0.068578857725277,
                                51.515058346172935
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068684010525248,
                                51.51517341266261
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068486063121396,
                                51.51522368270303
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068452900682943,
                                51.5151753964142
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068534791469645,
                                51.515150123741485
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.06850924458504,
                                51.515123238092826
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068432210792558,
                                51.51514928400303
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068403530730357,
                                51.51511976827265
                            ],
                            [
                                -0.068578857725277,
                                51.515058346172935
                            ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
            },
            "properties": {
                "b_number": "34-40",
                "b_name": "Kirstein's Mansions",
                "street": "White Church Lane",
                "address": "Kirstein's Mansions, 34-40 White Church Lane",
                "feature_type": "WHITECHAPEL_BUILDING",
                "count": 5
            }
        },
        "body": "<p>A house and shop at 34 Church Lane were the premises of Henry Bear, a tobacco manufacturer, from the 1840s to the 1880s. He evidently acquired the freehold of three buildings on the site that now comprehends Nos 34–40 and an empty site at 29–31a Commercial Road. His heir, Adam Bear, granted John Furze &amp; Co., brewers, a 90-year lease in 1899 subject to a building agreement. The brewery was taken over by Taylor Walker &amp; Co., and in 1901 the agreement and lease were transferred to Solomon Kirstein, a printer based at No. 38. By 1902 Kirstein had built 29-31a Commercial Road. There was then a long interval before in 1911 he redeveloped his Church Lane frontage as Kirstein's Mansions, with John Hamilton &amp; Son, architects, and Bewley and Lissner, builders. In three storeys and attics, these shops, tenements and upper-storey workrooms linked to 29 Commercial Road.</p>\n\n<p>Around 1970 David Abraham began selling knitwear at No. 34. His firm continues to trade here in 2016 when painted-shutter street art from 2012, works by Ador at No. 34 and Milo Tschais at No. 40, survived. In 2015 the David Abraham Partnership put forward a redevelopment scheme for the whole site proposing a seventeen-storey tower designed by Stock Woolstencroft. [^1]</p>\n\n<p>[^1]: District Surveyors Returns: Goad maps: London County Council Minutes, 16 May 1911, p. 1226: London Metropolitan Archives, O/064/034 and 037: The National Archives, IR58/84809/2606–8: Post Office Directories: <a href=\"http://blog.globalstreetart.com/walls\">http://blog.globalstreetart.com/walls</a>: Tower Hamlets Planning</p>\n",
        "created": "2016-06-22",
        "last_edited": "2017-09-12"
    }
]